Review by Psycho Penguin

"The greatest arcade shooter hits the Playstation in Japan"

Metal Slug is the greatest arcade shooter ever made, and it hit the Playstation in Japan only. Yep, us Americans have to suffer as yet another great game stays in japan only. Regardless, this is a great game that does the arcade game justice. Too bad you have to import it to play it :(

GRAPHICS (10/10)
The graphics in this game are arcade perfect, with hardly any slowdown whatsoever. Incredible!!! The backgrounds in this game are so well designed its incredible, and the enemies and characters are very nicely done. Great graphics.

CONTROL (10/10)
The control in this game is fantastic. I really love the classic Contra game control and the control in this game is similar. There are a lot of special weapons but they are available at the press of a button! I really enjoy thr control layout of the game and also enjoy the fact that you can change the control layout to your liking.

GAMEPLAY (INFINITE)
The gameplay in this game is just like the classic Contra games. It is an outstanding shooter/platformer. there are lots of special weapons and other special powers to find.

FUN FACTOR (10/10)