Review by HarkenSlash

"Best One In the Series."

Dance Dance Revolution, or DDR, is a very popular series made by Konami. Dance Dance Revolution 3rd Mix is one of the best mixes you can play on a console and my personal favorite DDR for consoles.

The game consists of four arrows which you have to push up, down, left, or right in the direction that the arrow points towards. Mastering the game will require quick reflexes so you need practice to master this game. Playing with a controller is easier but playing with a dance pad will give you a more realistic feeling of the arcades. The game has many modes to keep you busy such as nonstop mode and workout mode.

For a game on Playstation, this game has pretty good graphics. The graphics are very flashy like many other DDR titles. Watching the dancers dance is pretty cool if you are just watching. If your playing the game, then you'll be too concentrated on the game than to look at the characters. There are many characters in this mix so you can choose your favorite character.

Songs: 10/10
This is where the game really shines. This mix has lots of DDR classics such as Boom Boom Dollar, Butterfly (Upswing Mix), End of the Century, and more. There are over 50 songs in this mix and most of them are great songs. There might be some songs you may not like but the songs people like are their own personal views.

Replayability: 10/10
I remember playing it everyday since I got this game. This game locks you in with its great music, making you never want to stop playing. There are many things to unlock such as new songs so even if you get everything, you will still just want to play this game for fun. There are many songs in this game so you will definitely be busy playing this game for a while.

Final Recommendation: 10/10
Dance Dance Revolution changes the way you see music. Once you start playing this game, you don't stop since this game is that addictive. You should buy the dance pad if you thinking about getting this game so you could show off your skill at the arcades. This mix is my personal favorite out of all of the DDR games out there. Lots of people love to play DDR so you will probably too. No matter what the price is, it's worth it.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 05/07/06