Review by Squalldaman

"The show was good. The game is bad,"

Okay. We all know the Digimon show was good. It had great storylines, cool characters, and action. That was fine right there. Then you make a horrible port of it, and it all goes to hell. This is one of the worst Playstation RPGs in my opinion.

Control: 9/10
Control is basically standard. All you have is a button to make decisions, a button to quit, and a button to bring up the menu. The D-Pad works just fine. Control is probably the best part of the game though.

Ugh.....whoever designed this should be maimed. The gameplay is just annoying. Whether its your digimon asking for food every 6 seconds, crapping everywhere where there ISN'T a toilet, or not responding to you in battle, it's just bad. I mean, you start training, they ask for food. Train, ask for food. Train, poop. Then they die. Then you start over. Lather, rinse, repeat. The gameplay is basically the exact same thing over and over again, as there are no innovative challenges, and the action is just a remake of Pokemon except crappier. The characters aren't even done right, as half of them aren't even in the series at all, and the ones there are were portrayed incorrectly.

Ummm....wow......a bad digimon wants to take over the world, and you have to save the Digiworld by making up the Digicity and getting some good digimon with you. Could they use enough Digis?

The graphics are nice, with realistic stuff. However, everything is miscolored and blown way out of proportion. Since when is an Angemon the same height as you? Or a Devimon as tall as you? Devimon was about 20 times the size of T.K in the main show, and T.K resembles the main character in DW.

Replay Value: 9/10
Okay, there's a lot of stuff to do in this game. Whether it is getting all the Digimon, getting all the cards, getting all the Digimon in the Digicity, or beating the Battle Arena, there is tons of stuff to do. Makes up for hours of enjoyment.

No. The music is horrible, and there is no voice acting for a game that is based on voice acting for god's sakes. It's like making a Dragonball Z game without voice acting, no matter how bad it is. I just want to hear your Patamon go ''*your name*!!!!!!!!!! *digivolves into Angemon*'' Now that would be cool.

This game was just a disappointment. Base the game of the show at this point. I pray that DW2 will be better. I'm glad I rented this before buying it, otherwise I would have been asking for my refund in about 5 minutes.

Reviewer's Score: 5/10 | Originally Posted: 03/07/01, Updated 03/07/01