Review by HYD

"Digimon World : A true game worth playing"

This is Digimon World I. A great game that will truly astonish your senses and of course, if you're a Digimon Fan, it will be a double surprise and a double gaming fun!
I bought this game about a year ago, it was pretty hard at first and I didn't like it very much. After surfing the web, I managed to get the hang of it and get an ultimate in almost every Digimon I raised. So here's my review about this game:

The gameplay is pretty straightfoward, some easy to learn controls are given and it only takes a bit 5 mins to learn everything. The game is going to be hard for newbies in role-playing games, you'll to gauge your money or rather bits, spending. The Digimon that your digimon will evolve to is a great mystery too.

Basically, its another save-the-world kind of game, so maybe a bit of typical gaming types. I can't say anymore because I'll be spoiling your suprises then! The story's ending is very good too and the ending's really suprising.

Audio/Video: 10/10
Its gotta be the best part of it, there's almost music in everything. There's a victory cry and even finishing techniques, you can hear the Digimons shouting. The video is really cool too, the Digimons look so life-like, esp. in the arena when your digimons win. There are some FMVs worth looking at too, the people look so anime-like and the Digimons keychain is so real-like! It looks just like the real thing.

Replayability: 9/10
You'll never get all the digimons in one game play so you'll the urge to play it again. Plus, there are more cool features when you replay it so this gets a high ranking points. Being able to win the entire game is really hard, because there are some medals worth winning for and the medals' objective is really absurd! There's still lots of secret arenas to hunt for and the 2-player battling mode, you can't forget that. To get a really good game of battling mode, you'll to complete the game not once, but at least twice or thrice to get a good aresenal of digimons to battle it out once and for all.

Buy or Rent?: If you are a digimon fan, BUY! If not, RENT! and see.
If you are a hardcore Digimon Fan, get it. It will really make your dreams come true, provided you have good gaming skills. If you're not, you'll be better off renting it first, because of the game's hard game play, it could provide some trouble and won't really quench your gaming's thrist.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 03/02/02, Updated 03/01/03