Review by Tails.

"Digimon World: A Challenge"

DIGIMON WORLD

Digimon World is not a good game. Its graphics are alright, the gameplay is good, the sounds aren't the best, but the overall is alright.

There surely aren't enough different digimon, it takes too long to get places, your digimon dies too quick, and your name can only be six letters or numbers!

There aren't really any cheats, so it would be too hard for youngsters. (NOTE: e-mail me if there are any REAL cheats.)

It should be more elemental, such as if you're using a Greymon's Prominence Beam against Seadramon, it shouldn't do as much.

Plus, it should be A LOT longer, if you're going to do all that land in the background, at least let us go there!

Bored of your looks? I surely am. I wish I could change the way I look.

Glitch. If you're far in the game and and haven't saved it's the worst word you'll here (unless your Sony explodes).

When you go to Jijimon's house you can rest, right? Not always. When Jijimon upgrades his tin can you can't rest, and also if you haven't recruited Centarumon you can't rest at all!

You can NEVER get the digimon you want! Isn't it annoying how you want a MetalGreymon and you end up with MetalMamemon! And, if you're favourite digimon's an in-training or baby digimon, you're not going to own them very long/at all.

Aren't wild digimon annoying? Everywhere you step you run into a hostile digimon. And if you run your digimon will hate you.

And why in the world can't you get:

Tentomon, Gomamon, Togemon, Lillymon, Ikkakumon, Zudomon, WereGarurumon and Gatomon?

Why in the world can't you get Mega digimon? And, if you can stay awake until the end, you get to fight Machinedramon, but why the heck can't you get him!? (*pant, pant*).

Versus Mode is not nearly good enough to call bad. You can battle only in three junkyards, which look pretty much the same. (Cheap skates.) You can barely control your digimon aswell! (Read my section earlier on battling.)

Why do you have to train so much to make your digimon strong? You spend 99.99% of the game training, and when you get an ultimate they live a minute then turn into a baby!

So, to conclude this dumb, possibly stupid, perhaps good, maybe bad, or just plain ordinary review, I want to say, THANKS!!

Reviewer's Score: 5/10 | Originally Posted: 04/01/02, Updated 04/01/02