Review by Warhawk

"The Next Best Game in the Driver series"

I know that there were a lot of people waiting for this very game to come out. There were people who wanted to get the game and play it because they wanted to be able to hi-jack other cars. For me I was one of the people that just couldn't wait for this game to come out in stores. When my brother was able to get the game I wanted to play it so bad because I wanted to see how good the game was. Of course when he got back my dad and him went to get the meat they had processed from the deer they got from hunting season. Before they left my brother told me not to play it until they got back. When they left I just had to put the game in and start playing it.

I decided to just do Take A Ride and see if the hi-jacking of other cars and the curving of the roads were true. Of course, it was true. I was hi-jacking cars left and right. Ran into the cops about 30 times before my brother got home. The following Friday which was Nov. 17, I started the Undercover. I have to say that the cut-scenes are very detailed better than they were in the first Driver. All right let's get straight to the review:

Graphics: 8.5/10
The graphics of this game are not like they were in the first game but people do have to admit that they are still great graphics. Whoever says that the graphics stink that's just what they think (besides everyone has their own thoughts about things).

The story of the game is quite good I do say. I thought it was just a little better than the story-line in the first game. Just hope that the story-line of Driver 3 will be great (when its released in 2002 I do believe).

Difficulty: 9/10
Some of the missions in Driver 2 are quite difficult especially the Chase The Gunman mission in Rio. I have to say that, it is the hardest of all missions in the game and everyone who has the game can agree with me on that one.

Control: 10/10
The control of the game is the same as it was in the first game. The cops sometimes makes the car handle different but that's just the way it is with all the cops in the game.

OVERALL: 9/10
Overall this game is very good a GREAT Sequel to the hit-selling game of all time (selling over 3 million in the US but probably a little more world wide). I guess until next time PEACE!!

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 11/24/01, Updated 06/17/02