Review by HM Master

"A good action game with Lesbian Overtones"

Yes, this is a late review. I just beat the game a few days ago. Okay, this is the second game in the Fear Effect series and is actually a prequel to the first game. It stars Hana, Glas, and Deke from the first game and newcomer Rain Qin. The game revolves around this virus called EINDS that turns people into freakish monsters. I really liked this game, even if it didn't have that much Lesbianism. My review is below but remember, the Final Score is NOT an average.

Story (8/10) - A fairly average story. It does deal with DNA and a few complicated issues, but overall a good story. A lot of people wanted to see the Lesbian parts of the story. Well yes, they got what they wanted, but not TOO much. I won't spoil anything, but there are a few good scenes. Deke and Glas are particularly cool also.

Gameplay (9/10) - This is a very fun game to actually play. There is plenty of guns with not always enough ammunition, but much better than the first one. You switch between the four main characters, all with different melee weapons. The characters stories all intertwine though. The control is fairly weird. People who played the first game won't have a problem with it, but newcomers may not like the strange ''I don't know how to walk very well'' controls. Once I realized that it was harder using the analog joystick, I got them down. Okay, this game is HARD. There are many rooms with a lot of enemies, and may take a few tries to get it down. Luckily there are plenty of save points throughout the game. There are moments and traps that can kill you instantly, which can really be bad. You have no life bar, but instead you have a fear meter. This sucks more than a life bar for a few reasons. One, every time you get scared (your character) the fear meter may raise, even if you didn't get hit! You can't die until it is at red, but that only takes a couple enemy shots. So prepare to die a lot. Strangely though, I never got mad at this game and quit after trying something over and over. It kind of compels you to keep trying at it.

Graphics/Sound (9/10) - Wow, Unique. The graphics are a very cool anime style, cinema type look. All the cut scenes look great. The reason I gave it a nine is because the sound. While it isn't bad, there is nothing that stands out or is even remotely noticed. It's too bad, but overall it doesn't make too much of a difference. There are some people who don't like the graphics, but I sure like them. Beautifully unique.

Play Time/Replayability (6/10) - If the play time was still going when you die, the play time would be way higher. But it doesn't, so the play time will not be too high, but it will still take players a while to finish. Once you beat it, the next game is hard mode. It is easier than normal though, because you can input cheats at the starting. If you don't, than prepare for a challenge. Overall, after beating hard mode, I won't play this one for a while.

So, here we are. Eidos sure hyped up the lesbian scenes for this game, and while they are nice, there isn't that many and the ''Suggestive themes'' is perfectly suited for this game. Overall, a great action game if you can handle the hard difficulty. It should be pretty cheap now, so I recommend a buy.

Story- 8/10