Review by Jabroni nick

"The next in the Crash series looks good"

When I first heard about this game I was really excited. I love the Crash series and now he’s in a party game. This mostly lived up to my expectations. This is the fifth installment in the Crash series.

Graphics 8/10-
The graphics are pretty good, but not great. They are about the same as in other Crash games. The explosions and other effects are done pretty well. There’s no sign of
slowdown either

Sound 8/10-
The music is good, it fits well with the mini-games, but definitely not music you’d just want sit there and listen to though. The sound effects are nice too, and not annoying.

Characters 8/10-
The characters are Crash, Coco, Cortex, N.Brio, Koala Kong, Dingodile, Tiny, and a new character by the name of Rilla Roo. I think that other characters should’ve been added like N.gin, Tropy, Papu Papu, and maybe some others. I don’t really think that the addition of Rilla Roo was really needed. There are a lot of other character to use instead.

Story 7/10-
The story is pretty basic. Aku-Aku and Uka-Uka want to settle this once and for all. They teleport their good and evil teams, but good is a little out-numbered 2 to 6. So
Aku-Aku wants to make the teams fair, so he makes tiny and Dingodile come to his team. That’s pretty much the story right there.

Difficulty 7/10-
It is really very easy to get the trophy’s out of all the mini-games. The only thing that’s real hard though is to get the rubies, crystals, and relics. I haven’t finished the game yet though, so I’m not sure how hard it gets. I’m only about 75% done.

Gameplay 9/10-
Crash Bash is really fun to play, especially if you have 3-4 players. It has about 7 kinds of mini-games and a few different variations of those. My favorite one would have to be one where you pick up the crates and TNT and stuff and you have to destroy everyone else. I also liked the pong style game where you have 4 people at each side and you try to let the least amount of little balls in your goal as possible. Overall, Crash Bash is a great game, especially if you love party games. You can play a one or two player season or invite over a few friends and duke it out in the battle mode.

Graphics 8/10
Sound 8/10
Characters 8/10
Story 7/10
Difficulty 7/10
Gameplay 9/10

Rent or Buy? If your a fan of the Crash series or Party games buy this game. If not, definitely give this game a rent.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 03/04/01, Updated 03/04/01