Review by Mattie005

"A rubbish start to the season!"

Graphics – 4 out of 10 - The graphics did not impress me!
The graphics on this game really let me down. I thought that the graphics would have improved from FIFA 2003; but it did not. For a start, the audience was not very detailed; instead, the audience was very faded. You could not even tell who the players on the pitch were! The pitch was just a plain green, not detail on that either. To me, the graphics was absolutely appalling. I suppose that is because playstation 1 don’t have good graphics!

Sound – 6 out of 10 – The sound was ok…
The sound on this game was pretty good. The commentators’ voices were a bit fuzzy; the audience’s cheering was really fuzzy. Other than that the sound was alright, even though it strained your ears sometimes!

Music – 7 out of 10 – Good!
Good music! It was really funky and musical. I really liked it! There was a big collection of music that it played. Just like the sound, it was a bit fuzzy. It had some old music, and new music. That made it a good music collection. Plus; they were all football songs!

Gameplay – 6 out of 10 – It was alright, could have been a bit better!
The graphics and sound really let the gameplay down. However, that did not make the gameplay bad. It was good playing the game at first, but after about 2 weeks it got boring. The football games were good. Lot of teams to choose from; lot of shirts to choose from.
That made the game more interesting and exciting. There were so many teams, I did not know which one to pick!!!

Controls – 8 out of 10 – Good controls!
The controls in this game were cool! All the controls and buttons were you wanted them. Three sets of controls to choose from: A, B and C. It was bad that you could not just choose the buttons one-by-one. Also, there is no button to HEAD! How can you play football when you do not know the button to HEAD the ball? (If you know, email me on mattie0052004@hotmail.com please.) Apart from that, the controls were great!

Cups – 8 out of 10 – Good!
Great! 3 cups to play for; lots of teams to choose from. It is brilliant! This is the part of the game were you can play for cups instead of having friendly's all the time. It is very challenging and fun. Hope England win the cup!

Should you buy it? No
Rubbish graphics and sound really lets the whole game down; but the game is still alright. It is better than FIFA 2003 at the end of the day. I do hope FIFA 2005 is better than this!!!

Reviewer's Score: 4/10 | Originally Posted: 03/31/04