Question from AcideyeMGSPO
What's the difference between DOA2: Hardcore and DOA2?
Is there any difference between this and the normal one without the "Hardcore"?
6 years ago
Top Voted Answer
* Characters, pictures and moves were altered to appear more realistic, lessening the anime look.
* Some fighting animations were elaborated upon and some were cut.
* New stages were added
* More character outfits were added.
* Survival mode now only took place in the "Danger Zone" arena.
* Overall gameplay speed was increased. The entire game, including cut scenes, now runs at a full 60 frames-per-second (In the Dreamcast version, the game ran at 60 fps while the cut scenes ran at 30).
* A special "Items Collection" feature and menu section was added to appeal to video game collectors. New artworks were added compared to the first update.
* A CG Gallery section, featuring renders of the female characters, was added.
* The player history files were enhanced and now included statistics on how often the player used each character and tag battle pairing.
* Several special moves were added, but left undocumented.
* English voiceovers were added in the U.S. PlayStation 2 version, in addition to the original Japanese voiceovers.
6 years ago
This question has been successfully answered and closed
Answer this Question
You must be logged in to answer questions. Please use the login form at the top of this page.