Review by General Goat

"Easily The Best Soccer Game To This Date"

Overview

Another installment in the Fifa series. Fifa 2001 has REALLY taken a step up, the graphics are much better and when the commentator is speaking he almost always says something new. All Fifa games seem pretty much the same but this differs the most out of all, which in a sports game is key.

Story: Ummm I'ts a sports game!

The story in every sports game is to win the cup or the highest honor of their particular sport. Nothing new in this game.

The players look so real! The detail on the fields and on the players must have taken programmers many sleep-less nights to complete. When the players are running you can even see the grass coming out of the ground. Realism has reached a whole new level.

Play Control: 8/10

The play control is easy to master considering there are so many different dekes and soccer maneuvers. Although sometimes I notice when I press R2 he sometimes does 1 move, another time he does a different move than that. Must have something to do with the way I'm running I guess.

Standard crowd chants, sounds of passing, shooting and the other mandatory things like that. The commentators are always easy to understand, and say new things most of the time.

I feel this is one of the most fun sports games in a long time. The gameplay is very similar to watching an actual game of soccer, for example the way the positions are played
and the celebrations after the goals. The detail is there, the fun is there, this game earns itself a 10.

Replay Value: 7/10

You may get bored of this game after awhile, as I have. It still does have decent replay value though but there is one problem. A new Fifa gets released every year! After the teams get outdated in this and the players have all changed you get compelled to buy the next year in the Fifa series. It would be good, but do you want to spend all that money on sports games? That's for you to decide.

Buy or Rent? Buy

This is one of the best sport games to date and I believe it's worth every cent of that $50. It would also do as a very good rental if you don't feel like buying another sports game.

Final Evaluation: 10/10

This is game is worth getting. It looks great, it's fun and it'll keep you busy for awhile.

Easily The Best Soccer Game To This Date