Can I play Final Fantasy X on my PS3?

1. Hello, I have an American PS3, and I would like to know if I can play Final Fantasy X on it. The version that I'm going to buy (If I can play it) is also American. Thank you very much :D

User Info: Hanashiro

Hanashiro - 7 years ago

1. Depends if you buy PS3 with PS2 BC.
    If it is one of the old models it has PS2 BC, but if you buy new one it won't have it.
    This will work on PS3 if it has BC.

User Info: x8m8x3k3t

x8m8x3k3t (Expert) - 7 years ago 6 1

Answers

1. I play FFX on PS3 all the time. American PS3 model and North American FFX.

There is a procedure for setting up an internal PS2 memory card file that you follow before you can play PS2 games on the PS3 but that is about it. Directions on how to do that are included in the PS3 package. (They might even let you take a look before you buy to try it out I would think.) If in doubt, check at a good gaming store and they might even demonstrate what to do for you.

User Info: AZorro007

AZorro007 (Expert) - 7 years ago 1 0
  2. The 20 and 60 Gigabyte models have the PS2 Hardware built in, which means that the PS3 will actually PLAY the game. The 80 Gigabyte PS3 and the new PS3 Slim will EMULATE the games, so you lose some video quality. The 40 Gigabyte cannot play any PS2 or PS1 games.

User Info: maiorano84

maiorano84 - 7 years ago 0 1