Question from XhugsX

How do I beat (Evrae-Airship Boss)?

I dont know how to defeat the flying Evrae. Please help me I've been stuck on this episode for more than half a year now.
I have really been lacking experience points for my team though..

AZorro007 answered:

Exactly how to do that depends somewhat upon the capabilities of your characters and the equipment available to them.

See the answer to the posted question "Guardian Wyrm Evrae on Airship before Bevelle?" for some detailed ideas on how to beat Evrae.

In summary, learn the attack pattern for Evrae and act accordingly. Be prepared to guard against Poison and Petrify attacks by Evrae and attack during the favorable part of its activity cycle. If you have strong characters direct attacks will work. Weaker characters may have to use overdrives to be successful. Use the Airship to assist your effort. The Airship can attack for a total of 7000 hit point reduction (but evidently not in the final stages of the battle) and can move in and out to help avoid serious damage and/or allow your characters to attack from a distance or at close range as you choose.

If the answer to the posted question doesn't do it for you, consider the ideas that can be found in the various posted FAQs.

For example, the Rikku-Only + Challenge FAQ describes an approach using Spare Change to do the deed. Three tosses of 100,000 Gil by Rikku plus one of 20050 will get the victory (and the 7000 points of Airship damage isn't even used!)

In another example, the Lulu-Only Challenge FAQ explains how to take down Evrae using Lulu's Flare Fury overdrive as the primary (and only) weapon.

Finally, the posted walkthroughs will each have text devoted to means for defeating Evrae.
1 0

Answers

Eidolon9876 answered:

have hastega on everyone and slow evrae down, after that switch to auron and armor break it. If it tries to use poison breath just pull back. The missiles that the airship fires are not really of any help cheer is also useful here. It'll start to weaken and cast haste on itself don't try to slow him down it won't work so just use dark attack or dark buster if you have it. Then use anyone overdrive to kill evrae.Also magic isn't really useful here
1 0

deathNOOJ answered:

For a beginner that did not get reflect or undredog secrets - Start with tidus pulling back the ship and then putting haste on wakka and attack away with wakka and lulu from a distance then Near the end of the battle when evrae moves in close have Rikku mix lunar curtain + lunar curtain for a mighty guard and when evrae starts doing major damage have rikku keep using al bhed potions every turn because it will cure poison and stone and replace hit points ..have tidus haste rikku....if rikku gets stoned make sure and throw her a soft asap...use smoke bombs to blind evrae and have auron do mental break and use all your overdrives
1 0

reece11002 answered:

I got a really tough time fighting him to well i trained on the ship for a while then when my money stocked up i buyed lot of potion because yuna was not there x potion atidote exlither will work so any ways good luck
0 0