Question from Wind_sama

Downloaded Save File Won't Load?

I recently downloaded a save file from this website and put it on my Ps3. (Yes my PS3 is backwards compat.) Anyways, the file shows up under Memory Card Utility under the Memory Card that I put it in. But when I start the FFX disc and go to "Load Game" my downloaded Save File isn't there.

falconesque answered:

The question is which save file you downloaded. The posted PS2 saves require specific hardware or software to use them, as listed for each.

The posted PS3 Virtual Memory Card Saves are:

1) Region specific. The VMC saves posted here (so far) are for the North American release and won't be recognized in-game by ANY other FFX release. They must match.

2) Archived .ZIP files. After downloading the file must be dearchived on your PS3 to reveal its contents.

This is true for ANY game, BTW. For more help with downloading saved games and using them on your PS3, click PS3 above and search its Board and Answers pages. Trust that you're not the first, not by a long shot.
4 2

Answers

AZorro007 answered:

Many of the GameFAQs "saved" files are "zipped" files in PC format. If that is so, you will "see" the file on you machine but will not be able to read it if you download the file directly.

The solution is to first download to a PC, unzip the file, and then transfer it to your PlayStation.

Details on how to "successfully" do this are given in the "PS2/PS3 Save Files FAQ by LionHeart823 which can be found as a "stickied" topic on the GameFAQs PlayStation 3 (Hardware) board.
1 1