Review by NintendoFanX

"One of the games keeping the PS2 alive."

Final Fantasy X, is easily the favorite RPG on the PS2 for many people, including myself. This game is the game I kept coming back to in the long summers.

Story:10/10

Ahh the plot of this game is simply wonderful. The character backrounds are deep and you will feel like your one of them. Unlike most of the RPGs that are out today, Final Fantasy X revolves around the story instead of the gameplay. You will remember the drama, excitement, and spirit of the game. Don't get me wrong though, the gameplay is awesome

Gameplay:10/10

Like the previous Final Fantasy games, X is an turn-based RPG. You will encounter random monsters and at the end of each battle, you will recieve EXP and Items. Innovative for its time, the skill grid is one of my favorite things about this game. As you level you also get spheres and sphere grid points to move around and activate abilities. Its different from having the system increase your stats randomly like other RPG's when you level. Each characrter has there own section of the grid, but its all combined eventually. You will discover newly remade versions of the warrior, theif, lance knight black mage, white mage, alchemist, and the summoner.

Control:10/10

You would think a game like this would make your hands fall asleep. But thats not entirely the case. The controls are easy but its not just selecting the attack over and over. There are many abilities to choose from and often you will have to use them against certain enemies. Overdrives (a characters ultimate attack) will also test your reflexes as you press certain buttons. If you do it right, you will be rewarded with a beautiful cinematic attack that causes massive damage.

Length/Replay Value:9/10

The Length of the game is no joke either. It clocks in 40+ hours for the average gamer, and thats just the main story. There are many optional dungeons and mini-games for you to choose from. If you really get involved and a perfectionist like me, you will spend a lot of time trying to get everything 100% done. The only flaw here is that there is no New Game Plus feature after you beat it. You won't need it to get you playing again though. Soon it will be calling your name and you will race to unplug your PS3 or Xbox360 or Wii for an all-time classic.

Overall:10/10

Its a great game, if you haven't heard about it, go ahead and try it. If your a true RPG fan you won't need to rent it, you will love it automatically.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/16/07

Game Release: Final Fantasy X (US, 12/17/01)