Review by CecilandRosa

"One of the Greatest!"

Alright this game is unbelivable. To every fan of the game, play X. It is the first game that Square Enix put out on the PS2 and it is one of their best. Many things please me in this game and are sure to please all Final Fantasy fans to come.

This story hooks you in the very beginning. This is a definant improvement from other Final Fantasys, including IX. It took me almost two hours before I became really interested in the storyline of IX, but X pulled me in right away.

Combat: 10/10

Turn based attacks return and with a vengance. And to make it easier for new comers to the series, Square Enix put a screen in the main battle screen where you can see whose turn is next. This turned out to be extremely useful during boss battles and during the airship battles too. I also enjoy the fact that you can switch characters at the press of a button if you need to.

Character Building: 10/10

While I was sad to see leveling up leave, the sphere gird picks up the slack that leveling up left behind. Now if you have a character that has low HP and you use that character all the time, you can teleport via a teleport sphere or friend sphere to another person's gird and level them up there. But don't do what I did and move the thief to the black mage gird. It took forever to get the thief back to where it belonged.

Voice Acting: 8/10

Could have been better. There were points where the person had finished speaking and their lips were still moving. The best voices were Auron (Matt McKenzie), Wakka, and Seymour. Yuna's voice was kinda plain and unfeeling. It started to pick up near the end of the game but then the game ended. Rikku was also a good voice as she acted as comic relief to the party with her jokes and bad sense of direction.

Game Play: 10/10

Although the storyline is linear, there are many side quests where you can level up, learn interesting tibits and even gain something out of the deal. For examples, blitzball and the quest for the hidden aeons. While I never got into blitzball, if you play the game enough and win, you can obtain Wakka's ultimate weapon. The quest for the hidden aeons was fun because of all the items and power that you recieved.

Music: 10/10

As always, the music is out of sight.

While there were some choppy parts, the transctions from the game to FMV (full motion video) is astounding. You can tell where the game ends and when the video begins. Overall, there are about 50 videos which you can buy if you have the gil to spare.

I would buy this game. It has a place in every Final Fantasy collection.

Review: 10/10

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/19/07

Game Release: Final Fantasy X (US, 12/17/01)