Question from destroyerrebel

Playing final fantasy xi on the ps3?

I really want to get final fantasy xi for the playstation but don't know if it can be played on the ps3 via wireless connection or do i have to use an ethernet cable?

darkcat1 answered:

I've used wireless on my 60 gig for a few years now and it works fine. The main issue of playing on a PS3 is that you must have one of the backwards compatible models of the PS3 or the game won't play to start with. These are as follows: 20 gig(CECHB01), 60 gig(CECHA01) and the older 80 gig(CECHE01) models
2 0

Answers

squarephreak answered:

Yes, it can be played on a PS3 using either wireless or wired network connection. However, YOU MUST HAVE A BACKWARD COMPATIBLE PS3. You may also have to download some of the system software patches to fix the playability depending on your PS3 model. You can go here (www.us.playstation.com/Support/CompatibleStatus) and enter "Final Fantasy XI" to see Sony's official response as to system patch levels. Hope that helps! Enjoy!
1 0

bronzeearth answered:

There is a free downloadable file on the network that allows you to play ps and ps2 games on those that are not originally backwards compatable. You can also set up virtual memory cards for each system as well.
1 2