Review by Hyral19

"A great step in Final Fantasy's legacy"

Final Fantasy Eleven and The Play Online System

Ok, first off, I have to say that the Play Online System is great, with a few confusing aspects. I like how all your Play Online related games, mail, etc, can be accessed right from the Play Online browser. After the installs(Ack, takes a while and can be a pain at some times) everything else is fairly simple.

Starting the Game, after all the installs and what not, and after you have bought your Content IDS your ready to enter the world of Final Fantasy XI.

First things first, and that is creating your Character, you have a selection of various different races, sexes and styles for each character. The Character Creation menu and format is excellent and provides a somewhat interactive view of what your character will look like throughout the game (shows them walking, laying down etc etc...) Once you get your character just how you like it your ready to play. My only gripe here is that its limited selections on characters, however through the armor systems and such, character customization is simple and distinguished. Now for my main review...

Graphics and visuals: 10/10: for an online game this games visuals are excellent, the character designs, armors, levels, menus, maps, spells, weapons... everything... they are all great! The intro movie is awesome as well!

Game play and Controls: 7/10: One of the few flaws in this game is definitely the camera control, its not completely horrid, but it takes some adjustment to getting used to. The battles run smooth and are pretty well laid out, I would have liked to have seen something more along the lines of a Phantasy Star Online battle system, however the one implemented works just fine. Another small problem is some of the random loading spots that are thrown in between zones, it sometimes throws off your traveling and you may lose sight of one of your fellow travelers, but its not that big of a deal.

Sound/Audio: 10/10: If its one thing Final Fantasies would be noted for, its definitely got to be that every FF has an EXCELLENT sound track with it. Final Fantasy XI is no different, the music is perfect for the game, and they even brought back some old favorites from previous Final Fantasy's.

Over All: 9/10: With everything said, this game is an incredible new step for the FF series, with a few minor flaws that are easily over come, this game is starting to become one of may favorites in the series! This game definitely takes the throne on my favorite Online games(RPG) of all time.

END