Review by mjfru201

"Another Perfect Final Fantasy"

Let me start off by saying, I have lived off of the Final Fantasy series for my RPG craze. Not one game ever let me down, and made me say ''wow is this game bad''. I heard that good old Square was going to make this game fully online. At first I got a little worried, I thought that this game was going to be the downfall of the Final Fantasy series that I loved so much. I was very wrong.

Story 10/10
Let's all admit a game would pretty much be nothing without the awesome story's that go along with this one. Well with this being an MMORPG you would think it would be pretty hard to do. Well that's not the case with this story, it is simply fantastic! Twenty years ago there was a great war, the ''Great Crystal War,'' when evil was at its power, and threatened the peaceful world of Vana'diel. Vana'dial sent forth an alliance to bring an end to the war. After the victory of Vana'diel, peace fell throughout the world. Now twenty years after the war, darkness threatens the peaceful world again. That is what you find out in the first part of the game. Then depending on what race you are (I'll explain in the Gameplay section) the story changes and you have to interact with other people to find the full story.

Graphics 10/10
I remember some other MMORPGs that had very choppy graphics. That's not the case with this game. Since the first Final Fantasy the FFs have been known for the awesome graphics. You should just see the environments that you interact with and even the non playable characters! Now for your own character however you make your character look they always look amazing no matter what.

Gameplay 10/10
Alright the gameplay in this game really takes the Final Fantasy series for a spin. The first part of the game is like the Sims. You design your own character. First you choose the race that you wish to be. After you choose one out of the five races you get to pick the size you want your character to be etc, etc. I found this character design very cool. It will be very hard to find a copy of yourself because of the character customization, and all the unique armor to equip. You also get something called a “sub-class,” these include, White Mage, Black Mage, Dragoon, Monk, all the classes that can be found in Final Fantasy Tactics, and more! The battle system is nothing like you have ever seen before! You see your enemies, and you have the option to fight or to ignore it and not gain any EXP, and new items. The battles are no longer in turn-based, or the Active Time Battle. If you choose to attack your character will keep on attacking until either you die or your opponent dies. I love this battle system! It is far more complex then what I described it as.

Sound 10/10
Once again the music is amazing in the way that it fits your situation.

Replay 3/10
Well you won't want to replay this game since it's over 100+ hours and you have to pay a sum of money each month to play. Oh well I'll gladly pay that for such a great game.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 10/28/03