Review by NeoXija

"Yep, it's good, very good"

What can I say, I was initially turned off from the game due to the fact that it would have a monthly cost. But I have seen the light. And I am glad I have. Because, in front of me, lies one of the greatest MMORPG's ever created.

Graphics- 10/10 The graphics are simply amazing. However, since it is an online version, some of the graphics are just a tad choppy, due to the fact that they would need to make up for lag, or something like that. But I was blown away with the graphics. But this game is not just about graphics.

Gameplay- 9.5/10. I think this game stayed true to the ''original'' format of turn-based. However, it is an MMORPG, so there aren't any random battles. I think a lot of people will be turned off due to the fact it is online, so the gameplay they have come to know and love has been altered. I think, though, that they did in an extremely ingenious way, combining the ''old'' gameplay with the gameplay as that of other MMORPG.

Controls- 7.5/10. Here is one of the biggest shortcomings. I found it difficult to master the movements, but as I got comfortable with the positioning, it got better. Controls in battle though are extremley good.Takes a little to work out the kinks, but when you do, it becomes second nature.

Sounds- 10/10. Amazing amazing amazing. One of the things I look at most in a game is the soundtrack. I was just blown away, the music was so great. I love it. The special effects are also very well done. The sounds really help to add to the atmosphere.

Replayability- 10/10 Hmm...I wonder. It seems silly that a never ending game would have any replability. so I'll just say... yes. Yes it is.

Buy/ Rent. BUY! I know some of you will be turned off with the $12.95 a month(or however much it will be on the PS2) but the game is one of the best MMORPG's I have ever played. The first night I got it, I played 7 hours straight, until 4:40 in the morning.

Overall- 10/10. Just bloody brilliant.

Conclusion. Love it or hate, I think that this game is extremely fun with only a few flaws (which will, hopefully be worked out in patches). And with the free month that comes with it, it will have you addicted. It sure had me addicted, what about you?

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/07/03