Question from oxygen_h2o

What is torque?

What is torque means?

Name_of_User answered:

Torque is the tendency of a force to rotate an object about an axis, fulcrum, or pivot. Just as a force is a push or a pull, a torque can be thought of as a twist.

When it comes to cars, the power output of an engine is expressed as its torque multiplied by its rotational speed of the axis (rpms). In other words, a car engine will have more power if it has more torque and is at a higher engine rpm. Torque is only useful through a limited range of rotational speeds, however (typically 1000-7000 or so rpm) at which additional speed will not increase power, which is why we shift to a larger gear and reduce rpms, thereby increasing power.
2 0

Answers

BKGlover answered:

Torque is the force exerted to the differential from the engine and transmission.
1 0

einzfunf answered:

I think torque is the maximum rotational force that a car can output at a specified rpm.
1 1

thenerdfrom1996 answered:

I think torque is the amount of acceleration a car gets. I could be wrong.
0 1