Review by wolverinefan

"Taking it to the next level"

Story
It's a racing game so there isn't a story. I give story a 0/10

Control
This is a very touchy subject when it comes to Gran Turismo games. At First the control sucks but it isn't even the control it's the car, each car handles differently. It takes a while to get use to each car and the way they handle but I think this is a good thing. Once you get a good car the control seems great and it is. I give control a 10/10

Voice Acting, Sound Effects and Music
There isn't any voice acting. The sound effects are top notch, everything sounds like it should. Music is a mixed bag. There are some really good songs and some really crappy songs. The music is done by Snoop Dogg, GoldFinger, Jimmy hendrix and many others. I hate most of the bands/singers in this game. There are some good songs but they just don't get you in the racing spirit like most other racing game soundtracks do. I give voice acting, sound effects and music a 6/10

Game play
Race around tracks and pass tests! When you put it that way it sounds boring. This is the most important part of all racing games, game play. I'll start when the menu screens. The menu screens are horrible. They are very confusing and there are way to many options, it takes a couple minutes to even get to the track select cause of all the options. I wish they didn't make the menus so confusing. Once you find your way out of the menus it's time to take a test. These tests are hard and take exact timing. I don't really like the tests but it does add a lot to the game. After you get your first license you can go race but wait you don't have a car. Now you go and buy a car with your very limited amount of money. Now you can race but you have a huge list of menus to go through again! This time it's worse, you can't race in most cause you need a certain license or car. Sounds normal except it doesn't tell you till you try to start the race which is after going through a couple menus. Once you find a race you can actually compete in you will find out how bad your car is. So now you race for with your horrible cheap car to get money to buy a better one but your hardly get any money for placing first. After about eight hours of driving you and taking enough tests you should have enough money for a good car. But wait you just raced all those tracks to get the good car and you want to race on new ones, well now you got to go pass more tests. This makes the game longer but it also makes it boring. Don't get me wrong the game is good but it just takes so long to get something good and by then your just sick of racing. I give game play a 8/10

Replay Value
There is a lot to do, maybe too much to do. The game is fun but it does get boring after awhile. If you like racing games than you will love this game but if you don't really care for them then you might want to stay away from this one. I give replay value a 10/10

Final Score
I give Gran Turismo 3 a 8/10

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 10/15/07

Game Release: Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec (US, 07/09/01)