Review by Buster Boy

"One of the most disappointing games I have ever played!!!!!"

After months and months of waiting it is finally here the ''game'' everyone is talking about. AFter playing this game straight for 8 hours I can honestly say it does not live up to that hype. Why? Simple its more of the same with shiny new graphics.

Graphics 9/10 No complaint here really everything looks amazing. Car models looks exactly like their real life ones. Lighting effects are top notch, fog, rain have to be seen to be believed. The downside to all of this is that once you see the amazing graphics the ''wow'' factor is gone after a few minutes and what are you left with then? Pretty much a $50 Gran Turismo 2.

Music 5/10 Sound effects are top-notch excellent engine, racing, and effects. Music is another story. GT 2 had excellent music from top; artists like Filter, STP, Garbage but here all those great ones are gone. Now er get Snoop Dog, Lenny Kravtiz, Jimmy Hendrix and a bunch of no names and bad rock bands. Only a few songs are good the rest are simply but ''bad''. Why no new STP in this game? Oh wait they but STP in cool Boarders 2001 and left GT3 with the left overs.

Control 6/10 Well it controls great but its the same as any other Gran Turismo game. Cars don't take damage which is VERY disappointing. Why did Sony left this happen. Licence test are still annoying and tracks still rather dull. If you liked the control in the past 2 then don't expect anything todally new its pretty much more of the same.

Innovation 4/10 I am not going to say much here. Its the same as GT1 and GT2. Don't expect much new here. You can choose from a bunch of cars get licences and race around in circles. Sony failed to add anything really neat or new into the gameplay of the Gran Turismo series.

Overall, GT 3 is the same game we have played before just with better graphics. And good graphics only go so far! If you liked the past games you will like this no doubt if not then you will not like this one either. I don't see what all the hype is about I mean its the same game pretty much! There is little innovation sony just gave it a better paint job. Don't be suckered into the hype of this game there are much more fun games out on the market than this!

Reviewer's Score: 5/10 | Originally Posted: 07/11/01, Updated 07/11/01