Review by matt86

"This is 3 times better than the first!!!"

As a big fan of the Gran Turismo series I couldn't wait for this game to finally come out. After all the hype and delays it finally came out and I was in a hurry to get my copy. And i can assure you, when i did i was not dissapointed one little tiny itsybitsy bit.

GRAPHICS
--------
The graphics in GT3 are the best that I have ever seen in any racing game ever. The detail is just amazing. The banners that hang above the tracks wave in the breeze, the rays of the bright sun blind you as you come around the corner, and the cars are even reflected in the windows of buildings as you drive by. The red and white strips on the side of the courses are even in 3d!!! I really don't know how the graphics could be any better. My mom described them as being simply amazing.

CONTROL
-------
As a big racing game fan one of the main qualities I look for in a game is good control. GT3 doesn't dissapoint me one bit. The cars act very lifelike and each car even handles differently depending on what brand, and upgrades you have. I am really enjoying the pressure sensitive buttons to. It is really neat.

GAMEPLAY
--------
One word to describe GT3's gameplay is time consuming (which isn't a bad thing). It took me at least 20 hours to complete the beginner mode and get the licenses and i still have the amatuer, proffesional, rally, and endurance races to go. GT3 is not one of those games that you can pick up and beat in a couple hours. The game has two modes that you can compete in. THese are arcade and simulation.

In simulation you purchase a car, a few upgrades, and race for money and other cars. The simulation mode is divided up into 5 parts, Beginner league, Amateur league, and Professional league, endurance, and rally. In each of these modes you race in different tournaments to try to win some cash and new rides.

In the arcade mode you can find Time Attack, Single Race, Free run, 2 player battle, and i link battle.

OVERALL
-------
Overall Gran Turismo 3 is worth the money. Since i have owned it I have become addicted to it. I believe that any fans of the previous two gran turismo games should definately buy this game. And everyone else should at least give it a try.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 07/21/01, Updated 07/21/01