Review by Toyota Supra

"The best racing series is back and better than ever!"

By far the best racing series in gaming history is back with its thrid game. Gran Turismo 1 and 2 were huge sucesses as they sold more games then any other racing game in the world. Now the GT series comes to PlayStation 2 with better graphics, more details, better framerate, and more options than before. Read on as I tell you what I great game this is!

Gameplay
This game is very very fun! The cars handel more realistcly and more accurtly than the other racing games, which makes for a better learning experiance. The game may seem hard but it's not so hard that you wanna chuck it out the window. It's more of a fun challenge. I've had this game since it came out and I've never wanted to chuck it out the window or stop playing because I was frustrated. I enjoy playing every second of the game. The ability to buy a car from a dealer than soup it up and take it out and drive it, is an experance all its own. The graphics while you are playing aren't much different than what the replay quality is. You swear you are a driver on a TV show. The replays are amazingly real, I've had people come up to me when I'm playing and ask what show I'm watching. Sometimes I say I'm playing a game, and sometimes I say I'm watching Speedvision to see what they say. Only a few have doubted me.

Story
Well since this is a racing game that doesn't surround any person or anything, there really isn't a story. But I can tell you how you being. You get 18,000 credits to buy your first car, you have a chioce of a handful of in-expensive cars. You race and get some more money for tune-ups and to buy a new, better car. You also have to get licenses to test your skill and so you can race in races with better prize money.

Audio/Video
The sound is awesome! The cars sound so real and so true to life that I wonder how they did it. There is no kinks in the sound and the soundtrack is amazing. It includes bands and artists like Snoop Dogg, Powerman 5000, Papa Racho, and Montly Cru. And you can even choose which songs on the soundtrack you want to listen to and in what order. Very cool. The graphics, as I said above, are AMAZING! This game takes your PS2 to the limit with graphics and framerate. It never misses a beat and is very smooth. In GT1 and GT2 the car would shift around even though you weren't moving it because the framerate was wierd. But in this one, they aren't skecthcy and blocky. They are very smoothe! GOOD GRAPHICS!

Replayability
Once you beat the game, you've proably been playing for a very long time. The game came out July and I've been playing for a month and I'm not even half way done. And once you beat the game 100% you still have arcade mode to fool around in. You can choose stock cars, class C, B, A, and S. And you can also choose from your Home garage. Very nice.

Rent or Buy
Renting this game isn't enough to even get started. I say buy it just cause even if you don't like racing, you WILL love this game!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 08/11/01, Updated 08/11/01