Review by SSJ10Gohan

"Great game for the PS2! Great Graphics, gameplay, and a great challenge!"

Introduction:
Gran Turismo 3 is a good game, which has been made pretty recently. Other than Gran Turismo 1 and 2, The third one has made quite a difference. Gran Turismo 3 is for the playstation 2, and is amazingly satisfying. You should probably rent it first, but buying it isn't a bad idea. Let's go into specific categories, and I will talk about each category and see why this game is great.

Controls: 8/10
The controls in Gran Turismo 3 are basically the same as the other Gran Turismo games. Pushing the gas button is the same old x button, as well as the brakes being the square button. If you have not played any Gran Turismo game before, the controls are still simple and easy to understand. If you don't feel comfortable with these controls, you probably can adjust them in the option screen if needed. Again, easy to learn and understand the controls, so you probably won't need to adjust the controls at all. Anyways, the controls in Gran Turismo 3 deserves a standard 8/10 rating.

Arcade Mode: 8/10
Both Gran Turismo 1 and 2 had the arcade mode, and Gran Turismo 3 also has it. They are pretty much similar, but with more features. There are more race tracks and other items to unlock, so it is more worthy of playing. Also, I thought it was great being able to load your garage into arcade mode, it made it more interesting to play. Another feature is being able to do a time attack mode, which is very fun to do. The arcade mode is excellent in Gran Turismo 3. It makes the game more fun and addicting to play. There are other things as well, but I don't want to go even more detailed. Other than that, I think that Arcarde mode should receive an 8/10 rating.

Simulation Mode: 9/10
Again, just like the other Gran Turismos, this one has simulation mode as well. This simulation mode had much more car companies along with more cars, more race tracks to race in, more license tests to pass, and of course more racing events for winning big money. The simulation mode has made positive effects in the game, making it truly amazing. Also, a couple extra things can be done now. In the earlier Gran Turismos, you were able to wash your car. In Gran Turismo 3, you are able to wash your car and change your oil. They have dramatic effect on your car, so this makes it extra tough for challenging players. Another thing is, which I think is kind of bad is the tires in some of the races. If a race you are racing in has 5 or more laps to run, you have to change your tires often. I thought this made the game too difficult. Although it is difficult, it is still good to have a challenge to fulfill. The gameplay in simulation mode sure has changed from the past Gran Turismos. There are other things as well that are included in simulation mode, but they are not as important as what I have just told. A dramatic change deserves a dramatic rating, so I give it a good 9/10 rating.

Difficulty: 10/10
The difficulty in Gran Turismo is a bit tough. You start out with $18000, so you can buy a car to race with. After a while, you start to go into 5-15 lap races. That is the part where everything is too hard to beat. This is because your tires (as I mentioned in simulation mode) get worn out, and you have to go to the pit stop to get them changed. The other drivers pit stop around the third or fourth lap, but they really don't need to since it doesn't seem to effect them in any way. It may seem like it is still fair, but it isn't, trust me. It takes a while to get used to the worn out tires every three laps, but you can survive. Everything else is the same as the other Gran Turismo games, but the tire thing makes it really tough to beat. The difficulty in this game is a devastating 10/10 rating.

The graphics are just amazing in Gran Turismo 3. I was just completely stunned. The cars looked much better than the previous Gran Turismo games. The levels were also improved in graphics. This was a big part of the game that I thought was great. The only thing that bothers me, is the people. They look a little too small, and there is not any animation in them, and they almost looked 2d as well. That is just about the only drawback in Gran Turismo 3 for their graphics. Once again, I was completely stunned at how the graphics were completely improved. I mean, the graphics on Gran Turismo 1 and 2 were alright, but Gran Turismo 3 just makes the other Gran Turismo game graphics trash. Anyways, because of the graphics, Gran Turismo 3 has just reached a great rating of a 9/10.

Sound/Music: 6/10
Gran Turismo 3 didn't really improve their sound quality along with music selection that much. The sounds were pretty much the same as the other Gran Turismo games, and the music has other selections, but they don't just seem to mix with the racing. The beats and stuff just don't get you psyched up for the race. Another thing I'd like to add is that the cars crashing didn't sound like a crash, so Gran Turismo 3 didn't do any good in the sound/music category. This game just earned itself a 6/10 rating for their poorly sound and music qualities.

Time/Replayability: 9/10
Well, it is difficult to beat the game, since there are plenty of events to win, as well as cars to purchase and win. So, it would take quite a while to cover everything in the whole game. I would say about three to six months depending on how often you play the game. Well, playing the game that long might get a little boring, but it is still worth playing it again. It's the best Gran Turismo you can play for the time being, until the next Gran Turismo game comes out. Anyways, The time/replayability deserves a good 9/10 rating for Gran Turismo 3.

Overall/Recommendation: 9/10
This game has reached a final rating of 9/10. Everything in the game is amazing except for the sound and music qualities. Other than that, I would recommend buying this game if you have played the other Gran Turismo games and liked them. If your new to the game, rent it first and see if you like it. I am pretty sure you'll want to buy the game afterwards. This is a good opportunity to challenge yourself in a new game, so get it now. If you rent it and don't like this game, I'm terribly sorry, but make sure you got a good reason to back it up.

Overall Rating: 9/10