Review by Xsquader

"The Ultimate Snowboarding Game!!!"

Gameplay
This game definitely has the best gameplay of any snowboarding game ever.At first it is easy which is good and once you start to get used to the game it will start to get harder.The change it makes between easy and hard is very smooth and it doesn't just go amazingly hard all of a sudden.The controls are very good.It doesn't take long to get a hang of them.Each button is where you would expect it to be anyway so you can just start playing.What I mean by that is if you have played other snowboarding games or even skateboarding games you should get used to the controls right away.Even if you haven't ever played a snowboarding or skateboarding game it shouldn't take long for you to get used to the controls.

Audio/Video
This game has great graphics.I mean great.A++ quality.The fire and water in this game is truly amazing.Also they keep the imprint in the snow from when you go through the course.The imprint stays there the whole time.Truly great details.In the Aloha Ice Jam there is even a tunnel that has water at the bottom and it shows a reflection all the way around the tunnel that looks better than you would think possible.the sound on here is great.You got an awesome sound track to add to the feeling of snowboarding where you are at.You can hear your snowboard move through the snow.The voices are put well over the character's mouths.Also the voices sound just like the people's nationalities.

Replayability
This game can easily be played over and over again.I would say the average gamer could beat it about 15 times before they get sick of it and it would take a while for most people to beat it 15 times.I mean I don't see many people playing it over and over again non stop and if you don't play it like that then it will stay a favorite of yours.Even a great game like this can become sickening after a while.

Should you buy this game or Rent it?
It is definitely worth throwing out about $45.00 for this game.If you do not have the money to buy this game then you can rent it twice and still have great satisfaction.This game definitely is as great as people say.

Closing Statements
This is a great game made by EA and it seems like it got their best effort and it turned out to be the game of the year.I promise you if you get this game you will not be dissapointed.If I could give this game more than a 10 I definitely would.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 06/21/01, Updated 06/21/01