Review by PWolfstien

"This is the best "Vs" game out there. The best Tekken yet, not to mention one of the best overall fighters ever made!"

I use to really dismiss the Tekken series when it came to fighting games ... now, I just feel regret. I don't know why I never really took to this great series early on, but it's better late than never. Tekken Tag Tournament is the 4th game of the Tekken series and it's a Tag Team styled version that contains all your favorite fighters from Tekken 1-3. It has no storyline like Marvel vs Capcom 2 and King of Fighters 98. It's just a hell of a fighter!

(This is the Japanese PSX2 version being reviewed)

-WHOA! These are incredible 3-D graphics that make the Arcade version look like crap! No, I'm *NOT* joking, the PSX2 shows right here why it's so damn powerful. All the character designs are just a sight to behold and the backgrounds are even better. What's more impressive is how well they gell together, it's done better than any fighter I've ever seen. The effects are excellent as well, but they aren't overdone as in some other fighters. Overall, I'd have to say that TTT on the PSX2 has the best graphics ever in a fighting game, overtaking Capcom's SF33SFFTF.

-I liked the tracks in the game, for the most part ... with only a few that really didn't rock my world. The effects are very well done. From Paul's Phoneix Smasher to Jin's God fist, everything is crisp and sharp.

Story: n/a

-There is none ...

Control: 10/10

-This is a very easy game to control. Just as easy as the Street Fighters, if not easier. Moves come out easily, except for a few that I have trouble with (But that's me, not the game <G> ) and everything is SMOOTH :P

-What can I say? It's Tekken in Tag form. The Tag form is different from it's Capcom counterpart in the way that you only need to kill one character instead of two to win a round. This adds a lot of stratagy to the game, indeed. You have the basic buttons, and the ''Tag'' button to tag your partner in/out. You can do a lot of cool wacky combo's in this game, and the characters have a lot of variety, which I really like. The Mishimas (sp?) can be a little overpowering at times, but they have their equal flaws even though a ton of people will protest that statement. There are no supers/and or bars in TTT. One of the main things you'll need to learn how to do in TTT is BLOCK! It's very important, as you would think, but even more in TTT, and the Tekken series in general. It's very hard because of so many different moves needed to be blocked in different positions like Mid, low, mid-High, High, ect. The only thing close to supers in this game are ''Unblockables'' however their hardly worth your time due to the fact that they take forever and are easy to see, and any good player will destroy you if you do them. Overall, a great job on the gameplay, focousing a lot on stratigic gameplay which I think a great fighter should.

Conclusion: This is one hell of a game to play if you have the time to get into it. As much as I hate to say it ... if you don't have the time to get into this deep game, then I'd have to recommened something like Marvel vs Capcom 2 just to play around with. But, trust me ... it will so pay off if you get into TTT. It's definitly a GOTYC if not a GOTY. It doesn't take that long to learn the basic's of Tekken. But to compete, it can be a lot harder than you think.

HIGHLY Recommended with a star rating of ***** (out of 5)

Email me: paulwolfstien@aol.com