Review by ATadeo

"Tekken 3 is good but this is way better!"

You want to know what the best fighting game is? Well, this one sure tops the chart in my list. I've never enjoyed playing Tekken just as I did in this game. I just can't seem to stop. It's also better than the arcade version. Here is my criteria in judging this game:

Gameplay/Controls (10 pts): I love fighting games and the concept of this game is great. It's a 3D fighting game with almost ho holds barred rules. You'll really enjoy experimenting especially nice looking combos which Tekken is famous for. There are so many varieties of move and each one of the character has his/her own fighting style. One of the best aspects in this game is the 2 player battle. Last but absolutely not the least, the Tag Concept. I really like Tag because it will add to the excitement. When your character is near death, call the other one! For the controls, it's very east to handle the characters and the buttons will execute at once. Although, you really need to practice a lot to be able to master the moves.

Storyline (6): For the story about the game, it's pretty much the same as the previous Tekkens (Especially Tekken 3). Also, with it's array of characters, it's gets more confusing and dull. So I took away a big chunk of 6 points. Nice story though.

Graphics/Sounds (10 pts): Need I repeat that it's on PS2? Well, it surely took advantage of the graphics processing power of the PS2. The characters look excellent. Smooth edges and no box-like graphics. The background is now better than ever. They are very much alive unlike the previous ones where the environment is still. It's very pleasing to the eyes. For the sound, it's great. The characters have great voices and it's done well, the sound isn't cracked.

Replay Value (9 pts): As one of the best fighting games ever to appear, this will keep you hooked up in your PS2 and forget everything else. Mastering a character is one hard task but it's very much enjoyable. You'll also have the urge to practice and show your friends what you're made of.

As a conclusion, if you have a PS2 and you're still deciding what fighting game to buy. Well, this one's a sure Pick. go now and buy it. You'll never regret that you bought it. Trust me, you'll keep on playing and playing and you'll forget almost every fighting game you've played before. That's all.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 12/12/00, Updated 12/12/00