Review by Me-sama

"I've never touched a Tekken game in my life, and this had made me an addict."

I've never touched a Tekken game in my life, and this had made me an addict. I'll admit, when I got the game I was hesitant. The last time I have ever played a fighting game was Mortal Combat 4, and I feel like jamming a pitchfork in my cerebral cortex whenever I hear the mention of that filth, so you can see why I really didn't know if this game was right for me. Now I curse myself for EVER doubting a game like this.

Basically, it is a fighting tournament called 'The King of the Iron Fist,' where a group of superior martial artists compete for an incredible cash prize, and the control of Mishima Zaibatsu, one of the most prosperous economical corporations in the whole entire world. While there is no TRUE storyline, it doesn't effect from the gameplay. As a matter of fact, it improves the fighting aspect of the game, since Namco didn't have to work on the storyline.

Graphics- NICE! Not only do we get a few really cool CG scenes (THE FINAL CHARACTERS ENDING HAS TO BE THE BEST DISPLAY OF GRAPHICS I HAVE EVER SEEN) but my god, when I am blown away by the POLYGON graphics, you know this game is good! The moves of the characters are flawless! It looks like real martial arts! While some of the backgrounds are slightly grainy, and some of the characters (like Unknown and Devil) could have been done a bit better, you will be so glued to the good things you wont notice the bad things.
-10!!!

Music- Some of the songs, like Yoshimitsu's song, are VERY good. You will never hear high-class techno like this in a Street Fighter game. It goes really nice with the battles too! Now while it isn't RPG class music, it definitely is worth putting the sound on while battling the computer, or a friend.
-9!!!

Control/Gameplay- When you just get this game, and you kick, punch, block, maybe do a special move, you think you are the master. Then you learn more intricate moves. Combos. Jugglers. Throws. Different stances. I assure you, you cannot learn every character's moves. I have tried and it gave me several migraines and a brain tumor. I have not encountered a part in the game where I have not had fun. From fighting with my tag team partner against the Unknown boss in Ultra Hard, to bowling with the robots in the bowling mode, I found myself smiling throughout the game.
-10!!!

Replayability- Being that I play the game about 6 out of 7 times a week, I say this game is pretty replayable.
-10!!!

Storyline- NOTHING! THE WAY A FIGHTING GAME SHOULD BE!
-10!!!

Overall- Hey, what can I say. I'm an RPG fan mostly, and I can't stop playing this game. I still find myself yelling to my brother, ''ONE MORE TIME! THIS TIME MY PAUL WILL KICK THE CRAP OUT OF YOUR LEI! HEY! WHERE ARE YOU GOING! COME BACK HERE!''

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 04/18/01, Updated 04/18/01