Review by Wild Gunman

"Makes Street Fighter look like Space Invaders!"

I finally got a Playstation2. Almost a year after it's release, I finally got one. And I got Tekken Tag Tournament. I started playing it and I was overwhelmed with the quality of the game. I must write a review on this.

GAME PLAY: It's the same as the previous Tekken titles, but this time, you can choose two characters, and switch between them during game play. Once one character dies, the player loses. This is great in multi player.
The original Tekken 3 cast is here, as well as some big guns from Tekken 2, plus there are character's to unlock. Unfortunately, I haven't got all the characters because I don't have a Playstation2 memory card! Blast!
The modes from Tekken 3 are available, and the Tekken Ball mode has been replaced by Tekken Bowl, which is bowling instead of volleyball. The dull Tekken Force mode has been removed and I thank Namco for that. The controls are the same so if you've played the previous games in the series, you're already an expert at the game. 10/10.

STORY: I'm not sure. No mention of any story was made in the manual. I think that Heihachi has organized some sort of tournament and the fighters have to battle it out and team up to win King's Of Iron Fist's. I don't know. I really can't mark this section.

AUDIO: AWESOME! It sounded exactly like it did in the arcade. It is excellent. You should play this game on a really big television set because if you play it on a small one, I feel sorry for you. ^_~ 10/10.

GRAPHICS: Just brilliant. I honestly couldn't tell the difference between the game play and the FMV's. The character's facial expressions are so life like. When Paul shouts out ''Yeah!'' you can actually see his mouth move! And the opening FMV sequence is great!!! It's much better then the opening in Tekken 3. 10/10.

RE PLAYABILITY: Loads of modes of game play available and there are a lot of characters and secret's to discover. Also like I said before, the multi player is great. You'll be playing this until 2010. At least... 10/10.

PROS
*Simply the best fighting game I have ever played. Completely outshines all the rest. Need I say more?

CONS
*Cons?! What Cons?! It's absolutely perfect!

OVERALL: 10/10. If CJayC would let me, I would give this an 11/10. But those are the rules, and I must abide by them. Go and get it, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 09/30/01, Updated 09/30/01