Review by Gambit_

"One of the best games I've played ever."

This game had a great story, good graphics, great controls, (hard to get used to, but after versatile.) and great gameplay. I think most people who didn't like this game, just didn't take long enough to learn the controls.

It was a great story, it was like playing had RPG quality. It was, in my opinion,the coolest story out on any game of this style.

Awesome graphics, as with all Playstation 2 games really. They weren't exceptionally better than any other PS2 games' graphics, but they were pretty.

Sound: ???
This is one I'm not really good at rating, I've never found sound and music to be very important to a game. I did like the fact that there was no music though, because I honestly usually turn music off on games. They played little amounts of music now and then when something important happened, and it sounded pretty cool.

Controls: 8/10
This games controls were a little hard to get used to, but after I got used to them, I was wishing similar games (Winback for example) had the same control style. If you take the time to get used to these controls you'll like them, trust me. It'd be a 10/10 if they weren't so difficult to get used to, I do hope some more games get made with similar control style

Great gameplay, challenging, but not too much. I liked that you used stealth in this game to keep from getting killed, not to get good scores, like in Tenchu, where if I wanted to I could fight all the enemies in the level. It was surprisingly more of a melee game than a shoot-em-up, which I liked, you could play trough this game barely touching weapons at all if you wanted to, but they had strategic advantages in lots of places. The levels toward the middle of the game are the best ones, the guys aren't all over, but they're challenging.

I loved this game, I rank it up there with Goldeneye, which is the console game I've played more than any other. The one big disadvantage with Oni, is there is no kind of scoring, multiplayer, or random generated maps. If there were multiplayer it would have to be like Cooperative. I don't think this game would make for a very good deathmatch game, but maybe something in it that could be random, or some kind of score system or something would give it some replay value. If there were something like that, this game would have a score of 10/10 in my book.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 08/22/01, Updated 08/22/01