Review by HAHE

"This is one hell of a game!"

First off this game is great. I've been playing it ever since it came out and I'm still playing it. The Geo-Mod is awesome. This is the first great first person shooter on the PS2.

GRAPHICS 9/10- The graphics in this game are really detailed and great. The way things are blown away or destroyed is amazing. The only reason that this didn't get a ten because the people basically look the same but same with Half-Life but that is also a great game.

SOUND 9/10- The gunfire, explosions, and voice acting are great. The sound is really detailed and you can tell what gun is fired from a person. The only reason this also didn't get a ten was because the guards say the same thing a lot.

MUSIC 8/10- There isn't much music like in Half-Life when when it comes it's great and really makes the action action-packed.

CONTROL 9/10- The control at first takes time getting used to but once you do it's great. The control is so good that you won't even want to use a keyboard and mouse if you could.

GAMEPLAY 10/10- The single player game is great and has tons of action in it and everything. It might borrow stuff from Half-Life but who cares. In the game you're this guy named Parker. He comes to Mars to get away from Earth and to think about his career so he joins up to be a miner, but when he gets to Mars he finds out it's a living hell. You have bad living conditions and miners are dying all of a sudden because of this plague. After a guard killed a miner because he got pissed at the guard a revolution takes place and every miner revolts.

MULTIPLAYER 10/10- This a new section to my reviews. The multiplayer in this game rocks. Every time my friends come over they want to play this and we play it forever. With the Geo-Mod anything is possible. If no friends are over you can play with bots. It may be bare bones but it's really good.

DIFFICULTY 7/10- When the game is on easy it's well... easy, but once you put on medium or hard or impossible it gets really hard.

TIME TO BEAT 10-12 hrs.- This is a long first person shooter but it doesn't take that long to beat. It took me days to get to the last boss and then next morning I beat the game. The replay is really good though.

REPLAY VALUE 10/10- This game is great and has a great replay value to it. I beat single player and I'm playing single player again. Also you can play multiplayer with bots if no friends are over. With friends playing mutliplayer it's even better.

OVERALL 10/10- This is one of the best PS2 games out there. It would be my favorite but I just got Gran Turismo 3 (which I'll be reviewing next) and that's better than Red Faction. This is a must buy PS2 game.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 07/17/01, Updated 07/17/01