Review by Superjim

"He's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack."

Rayman Revolution is the latest in the Rayman series. Originally, it is exactly the same game as Rayman 2 on the PSX. This game is great. But no game is perfect. As you'll see below.

Story 5/10

An army of Robot armies have invaded Rayman's world and completely took it over. While doing so, they broke the heart of the world into 1000 lums. Rayman is told that he has to collect the 4 ancient masks of polokus, the spirit of the world. When he does, Polokus will awaken and help Rayman destroy the pirates. It didn't really like the story because I thought it was too simple and not that interesting.

Graphics 10/10

The graphics in this game are perfect and i don't have anything wrong with them. They capture Rayman's expressions and face quite clearly. I really loved the Graphics. Nothing more to say. Moving on...

Gameplay 7/10

The gameplay's not bad, you have to collect all the 100 lums that form the heart of the world. You also accasionally get Silver lums, which give you a new power!.

You can also buy new powers with lums. Powers such as accumalations and powers such as running with a load on your back. The levels are imaginitive and exciting and I really liked this.

Sound 10/10

The sound is great. i really liked it. From a pirate dying to the sound of Rayman shooting, this game's sound is a joy to listen to.

Voice Acting 5/10

I didn't like the acting very much. T be honest it sounded very very wooden. Rayman's voice wasn't to bad but Globox and the Teensies made me cringe. Although Polokus, Clark, Admiral Razorbeard and Clark's voices I really liked. The actors really played their part.

Difficulty 7/10

The difficulty is very balanced. It has pirates of different strenghts against you. The bosses are not hard but fun to face against. I have nothing wrong with this feuture.
Buy or Rent?

I'd say Buy. this game is pretty good. but you might want to rent it and try it out first. But it's not my opinion. So you'll have to get the game by buying it or renting and enjoy it as much as i did.

Overall 7/10

This game is great but not perfect. You'll have a lot of fun with this game. As i did the first time i played it through. Overall, yeah, i like this game.

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 03/23/04