Review by AGC 4 Life

"The single hope for this game."

Let me just start off by saying that this game in my opinion is in a class of its own. I bought this game awhile ago because I was looking for a good multiplayer shooting game for the PS2 and paying under $30 of course. So I bumped into thie game. Soldier of Fortune Gold Edition. What caught my attention was the price then I saw ''New multiplayer maps''. I figured what the heck its rated ''M'' it must be a bloody game. And I was right, this is the bloodiest just the strangest game I have ever played.

Gameplay 7/10

The single player missions are actually quite boring. The only fun part is blasting enemies into pieces. The missions are straight forward and original. Just get through the mission without dying. Not all that hard.

Graphics 5/10

Yikes! Did somebody say Playstation 1? These are the worst graphics I've ever seen on the PS2. The programmers were just lazy. I know it was for the PC but come on. This was a huge let down. I was laughed at when my friends saw this. The pixels are ridiculous and the loading times are horrible. These graphics were equivalant or lesser then the PS1. Major problems in the graphics. Plus when your in multiplayer there is so much gunfire going on that you sometimes don't hear your gun firing.

Sound 4/10

Oh boy. One word...Wow. The sound on this game is as well horrible. The sound is equal to the early days of Doom for the PC. The sound is crispy and outdated with poor voice and gun sounds. The music sounds like it was done on those small 1980's keyboards with the small keys and beats.

Replay Value 8/10

This is where the game recovers from the above disasters. The only way this game in my opinion was released was because of the multiplayer. You can have up to four players with four bots, or one player with seven other bots. It does get pretty exciting because the game offers you many different multiplayer maps and different multiplayer modes. The greatest moments of this game that I had was when i was playing with a friend on my team and we had to defend a ''base''. With six other bots going after you the gun fire never ends. Throw in some insane weapons and gore this game gets a 7 out of 10 from me.

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 04/23/04