Why can't I find the windvane half under the dynast-cactoid?

1. I must've examined those dynast-cactoids for that windvane half like one hundred times each, why can't I find it?

User Info: NuclearCookie88

NuclearCookie88 - 6 years ago

1. I assume that you have interfaced with Rizmat (West Gate), Cotze (Southern Plaza Fountain) and Northon (Rabanastre Lowtown Northern Sprawl near Storehouse 5) to initiate the hunt for the Weather Globe.They will appear in a huddle outside the Western Gate once the quest is properly initiated.

Once done, proceed to the Shimmering Horizons part of the Dalmasca Westersand to begin the search for the Dynast Cacti and find the Wind Globe Key Item. However, recognize that the Dynast-Cactus you seek is in a small dead end pocket off the main Shimmering Horizons area. It is reached from Shimmering Horizons using the the side exit "opposite" the entrance to the Zertinan Caverns that can be accessed from Shimmering Horizons. Actually the dead end pocket is a small, separated, portion of the Windtrace Dunes part of the Dalmasca Westersand.

As I remember, once you enter the area, you will find only a single "qualified" Cactus (in the initial part of the area) against the far left-hand-side rock face (seen as you enter). Search at its base to find the Wind Globe.

Return to Westgate and speak with the huddled masses to receive the Windvane Key Item.

User Info: AZorro007

AZorro007 (Expert) - 6 years ago 3 0