Question from ghibli55

How 2 beat Judge Ghis?

I can't 4 the life of me, beat this guy, pls enlighten me as to what i am doing wrong?...thanks ppl :D

FFfan800 answered:

make sure the partys healers have their cure or potion gambits in the top slot ready to kick in when any allys hp drops to less than 50 percent or preferably higher. try to lure all of the enemies together and nail of the them with a quicking and hopefully trigger an area attack. this should take off a good chunk of his hp depending on how succesful the quickening chain was. keep the healers back attacking with a ranged weapon like a gun or bow. for your melee fighters you may want to set their attack gambit first so they attack more than cure. or u may want to turn their cure gambits off completely and heal manually in emergencies. and lastly you should put heavy armor and weapons with good attack power on your melee fighters to end this battle quickly.

NOTE: quickenings are highly recommended but are not necessary to complete the fight
0 0

Answers

EyesOfTheEmo answered:

all i can say is quickening. if you have quickenings USE THEM they are the ultimate judge vanquishing technique. especially early game. if not just kill what ever enemy is near you and collect LP until tyou got at least lvl 1 quickenings on all your characters. thats really all i can say.
0 0

TR0391 answered:

Penelo and Ashe have a lot of LP when you get them, so get quickenings as soon as you obtain them. That should be enough to kill him, but if it is not then use blind on him
0 0

Mario_Girl544 answered:

If you use gambits, make sure you have at least one person casting cure or use potions if your party members health is below 50%.

Ex: Ally: HP< 50%
0 0

Mikel2472 answered:

Whenever the battle starts, there will be a few Imperials that attack you from behind. Use the Dark spell on them to easily take them down very quickly. This spell also works wonderfully on Judge Ghis. I suggest you set only one character to do this, though, since you will most likely need MP to heal. Also, if you have them, use Quickenings on Judge Ghis at half-health. Assuming you chain at least 4-6 of them, you can easily save yourself some torture because you don't have to get him all the way to 0% health. If you don't kill him with that, then I'm sure you won't have much HP to pound out of him before he's dead.

Good luck!
0 0

wozzefu answered:

Judge Ghis is the first big powerhouse boss in the main story of the game. He hits like he really means it, and his big magick attack can quickly KO any charcter with less than 50 %HP remaing. Mkae sure the paty's healers have their Cure or Potion gambits in the top slot, ready to kick in when any ally's HP drops less thean 50% and preferably. If any members of your party have licensed a Quickening, consider giving it a try at the beginning of this fight. Wait until Ghis and his Swordsmen move closer together, then target ghis with a Quickening. If you manage to chain three Quickening hits, you will trigger a bonus area attack that can qickly flatten the boss and his minions in one shot. It's cerntainly a risk-----you deplete the MP of you Quickening caster(s)----but if it works, this boss battle is much easier. The Judge's Swordsmen minions are nothing specail, so try to wipe out all three of them as quickly as possible. Keep your healers back, though ;in general, it's good to have ranged fighters (like, say, Balthier with a gun or Fran with a bow) performing the bulk of the healing from a distance. Set the gambits of your close-quarter brawlers to fight first, with healing gambits set for when HP is low or even critical. Needless to say, your melee fighters should also have the heaviest armor you can afford, since they'll be taking the most punishment.
1 0

videonerd answered:

Im far past him and I know a weakness to him. His weakness is the magic dark. I had this magic before I faught him. I believe your in sky city before you go to fight him. Go to the magic shop and buy dark and maybe some cure magics.
0 0

chaoslord367 answered:

Just take your time leveling up, its easier this way, it takes time but it's worth it...
0 0

irunmann answered:

Mist quickening chain, if you get anywhere above 15 chain you will win, make sure you have all three quickenings for all 3 charecters!
0 0

fantasyfan7 answered:

Come in with one person who has a quickening, try to get at least a 5 chain with the person then when you finish withe him/her bring in another person with a quickening ( if he is still alive, depends on your level) use the quickenings with him/her and try to get a mist charge for your first person. If he still isn't deafeted after that, the just repeat withe another person.
0 0

Help with defeating Judge Ghis? Answered EmoLovez
How do I beat dullahan? Answered shadluue
How do I beat deathgaze? Answered storiumman112
How do I beat Marilith? Answered retroiceman
How do I beat (fafnir)? Answered mattman9929