Where can I find (scarletite)?

1. I killed the Aspidochelon before I knew you could steal it from it. I've been killing Emeralditans for a while now, but I've had no luck. Anyone know anywhere else I can get it?

User Info: Brisingr2

Brisingr2 - 7 years ago

1. ^ Scarletite is a monograph drop, and so chain level will not have any effect on its drop %. So you would not want to avoid picking up loot. In fact you don't even have to bother maintaining a chain - feel free to kill other foes as desired.

Besides, avoiding picking up loot until max chain level is only worthwhile overall when you're aiming to get at least 3+ of rare drops (or 99 of less rare ones), or if the foe is particularly difficult to spawn. If you only want 1 or 2 from easy-to-spawn foes, you'll be better off picking them up and maybe getting it before you reach max level.

User Info: frozen_josh

frozen_josh (Expert) - 7 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. With Aspidochelon defeated, Scarletite can now only be obtained as either:
    - a rare steal from Pandaemonium boss (first time, not when you fight it during Seer battle, so you've probably missed this chance too)
    - a 6% monograph drop from Emeralditans (you need the Hunter's monograph).
    - a rare (5%) poach from Emeralditans (pointless, since monograph drop % is higher + easier).
    - as a reward from the fishing minigame (50% chance to receive when you fish at Den of the River Lord area).

If you intend to get the Wyrmhero Blade eventually (and hence will need to do the fishing minigame anyway), then that will be your best bet. If you don't, and can't stand the "fishing" minigame, then you're stuck with Emeralditans as your source for them. Just make sure yoiu have the monograph and persist.

User Info: frozen_josh

frozen_josh (Expert) - 7 years ago 2 0
  2. Just chain Emeralditans at Nabreus Deadlands. Trying to get them from the fishing game is kinda hard because u have to be successful at it to get a reward. Plus, if u haven't even unlocked the Den of the River Lord area, then it's gonna take u an even longer time to get Scarletites from the fishing game. Just chain Emeralditans to gold level then start picking up their loot. (Kill the Emeralditans, but don't pick up their loot until ur chain level is maximum. diong so will make their chances of dropping scarletite a lot higher than usual.) just zone in between the area above the gate crystal to respawn all 3 Emeralditans in Nabreus Deadlands.

User Info: D_Spear

D_Spear - 7 years ago 0 2
  3. Are you sure thet its a 6% drop? i always get them whenever i kill the emerditans in my opinion getting scarlitite is easy just kill the emeralditan and you should get some in about 6 kills at least thats how i got 99 of them

User Info: zodiark23

zodiark23 - 7 years ago 0 1
  4. When i mean i got 99 i mean after killing like 100 of them but its easy to get them trust me

User Info: zodiark23

zodiark23 - 7 years ago 0 1
  5. Yes, we're sure that it's a 6% drop, and you certainly won't be getting 99 of them from 100 kills, or barely even from 1,000 for that matter.

You can of course get lucky and get one on your first kill, but you have to be prepared for it to take much longer.

User Info: Saint_Coyote

Saint_Coyote (Expert) - 7 years ago 0 0