Question from gigasbaltheir12

LV. 99 red chocobo?

is there a way to beat a lv. 99 red chocobo in the high 50's? PLease tell me how.

gigasbaltheir12 provided additional details:

I am now in the 60's and I have all the augments so now what do I do? I only have deathbringers, defenders, a ultima blade, and a zodiac spear.

Kitten3150 answered:

I didn't beat it in the high 50's the first time, i actually beat it in the high 60's. Trust me it's possible. **Make sure you have shields and augments!** Shields are going to help A LOT in the fight with this thing...i think it might even have the same weaknesses as a regular chocobo, but don't use magic, just use a weapon with an element if it is still weak to them.
1 0

Answers

Kitten3150 answered:

Deathbringers are pretty good, but the KO ability wont effect it. It's just nice to use them because their attack power is in the 90s and you can use shields with them. You're probably going to need to heal a lot but the shields with definitely help you in this fight. Yes, the Ultima Blade and Zodiac Spear are strong and everyone is probably going to argue with me about the shield thing because "they're really strong weapons", but those weapons will probably cause you to die in this fight because the chocobo is level 99 and you will more or less have no added defense and in the 60s, you're going to need every bit of defense you can get.
0 0

Rho421 answered:

If you're really still having trouble, the only other solution is to level up more. Do the Abysteel Sleepga + Curaja trick in the second part of the Henne Mines to level up quickly (like, several levels an hour).
0 0

kiabaman4258 answered:

You best level up if you want to face the Lv 99 Red Chocobo. But if you want him to show up, <url="www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmPwDHQEJSE">check this video on youtube and read the info on the right side of the screen.</url>
0 0

Zabuzadono answered:

ChocoComet still deals between 3k and 5k even at level 99, so I would say berserk + revive whoever it attacks, and pound it with the other char.... Shield will go further than a Z. Spear, as the attacks will be so strong you won't survive anyway....

Decoy + shield + Berserk -> makes it easier, but it still has a lot of HP... Maybe try the Jelly trick or Negalmuur trick to get to 99 to attempt this...
0 1

sequekhan answered:

My advice - don't bother. It has nothing you can't get elsewhere, it has a bugger-all chance of appearing, and doesn't add anything to your bestiary.
0 0

MexicanWalrus answered:

If you still want more info or want to know something else, you should look up an FAQ.

It should be in the Hints and Cheats section.

It'll go into detail on what you want to know.

If you press ctrl + F and put in what you're looking for you'll find it faster.

Hope this helps. :D
0 0