Question from Goku61394
(create your own question)How do i defeat the Pylraster?
I'm about lvl 60-61 and i need help defeating Pylraster any tips?
Could u also cast ardor 2 help kill it while using physical attacks?
Top Voted Answer
Pylraster has one huge weakness, and that's that it doesn't ignore evade, whilst only using physical attacks.
Therefore, having a decoyed character with:
- Ensanguined Shield + 2 shield block licenses (=100% evasion, despite stats screen saying 90, so no need for evasive weapons)
- Gambit for Self: Decoy prioritised first.
- Indigo Pendant accessory or high magic stat to ensure decoy doesn't miss.
- Healing gambits prioritised next in case it hits another character while you're recasting decoy (and to compensate for Poison / Sap from shield obviously).
Then its just a matter of letting the other two deal the damage. Just equip them with your best weapons, give them haste + berserk, and it shouldn't take too long.
In order to get Ensanguined Shield in case you don't already have one - there are 3 sources, all one-time only chests:
- easiest: entering the Feywood from Giruvegan, in the first area near where the Giruveganus spawns, there should be a trap. On top of that trap will likely be a chest, and upon opening it a chance another chest will appear (potentially twice). The bottom one (not necessarily third), with 25% chance to spawn, contains the Shield, whether you equip DA or not.
- next easiest: there is a chest in the eastern part of Port Villa in Balfonheim. It spawns every time, and if you equip the Diamond Armlet has a 10% chance to contain the shield (90% Megalixir). Its one time only, so you'll have to reset until you get it, otherwise you miss out on this source forever.
- chest near the entrance in [Special Charter Shaft] in secret part of Henne Mines. You must NOT equip DA, else you'll miss out on it.
This question has been successfully answered and closed
You should be safe around that level....im gonna be honest now....i didn't use any type of strategy besides equip my 3 strongest characters with the strongest weapons i had and watched their health...i just beat on it til it died...lol. I would equip 1H weps and a shield though, if you use 2H you're probably going to be leaving yourself wide open for a lot of damage....and don't forget bubble belts. Don't waste your magic casting bubble or using Quickenings, just save it to heal. Though i do agree with the haste and berserk idea listed above.
What i did was cast haste, bravery, decoy, reverse, and berserk on my main fighter. while him and my secondary fighter were pounding on him i took control of my caster and made sure decoy and reverse stayed in effect throughout the battle. you may have to manually recast decoy after every 2 or 3 casts of reverse to make sure it doesnt expire.
If you wanted too but reverse has an extremely short time span so only do it if you have haste as ardor is a slow spell
i would personally recomend firaga over ardor as it is Much faster.
Respond to this Question
You must be logged in to answer questions. Please use the login form at the top of this page.
|(create your own question)How do i defeat Fafnir?||Answered||Goku61394|
|(create your own question)How do i defeat Behemoth King?||Answered||Goku61394|
|Where is the pylraster???||Answered||Cor895|
|(create your own question)Yiazmat?||Answered||Goku61394|
|(create your own question) How do I WALK?||Answered||rafanegrortiz|