Review by Not Frontin

"Best Game Ever! Seriously..."

Here's my review on a game that in my opinion is ''Game Of The Year''...

Wow...Grand Theft Auto 3...This game is finally here in my hands...I myself have been waiting for years for a game like this to come out. When the first Grand Theft Auto came for the PS One it was the best $50 my friend ever spent. We spent every single day playing the game getting everything it has to offer, doing everything we possibly could. One thing we always wished for was the game to be in 3D and it finally is and man is it amazing.

Check out these ratings.....

Gameplay : 10/10

This game is so much fun it's unbelievable. You can basically do anything you want in the huge city and it never gets boring. Just walking around starting random fights with people is good for a couple hours of fun everyday. There is so much game is this title. It's one of the best games I've ever played and it's a great game to quickly pick up and play. It's very nonlinear or even linear if you want it to be. Basically anything you can think of doing you can and that's what makes this game great!

Story : 10/10

This is a great highlight of the game. The game is very nonlinear and you don't even have to see the story if you don't want to, but trust me you'll definitely want to. It's a modern day gang story and you live it with the choices you make affecting what happens. This game could practically be played out in a movie if it wanted to.

Graphics : 10/10

Beautiful. Barely any pop-up whatsoever for an insanely detailed city. This game was made so perfectly in 3D it's unbelievable. When I first saw screenshots I was drooling and couldn't wait to play and now it's just simply unbelievable! Theres so many camera views to choose from you can't be disappointed! This is a mature rated game and the graphics show why. The violence and gore level is good and doesn't take itself too seriously by being somewhat comical in its look. I even love the box art for this game! I couldn't ask for more...

Sound/Music : 10/10

The first time you kill someone and hear them get shot or run over it will put a smile on your face. Great sound effects for a real action packed game. The character voices are great. They are perfectly matched for the game's character. Then there's the music...There are a number of radio stations for you to listen to when you're in a car and they vary well and it seems like you're just constantly listening to new stuff for hours. Sometimes I found myself paying more attention to the radio then my driving that's how good it is.

Replay Value: 10/10

Wow. Never seen a game with so much replay value. I think I'll be playing this game till the next one comes out. When you're done with all the missions and found every secret you're still gonna want to play this game. Here's why...There's finally boats in GTA! That adds a couple hours of fun. You can drive a cab and play a crazy taxi style game. That's another couple hours...You can be a firefighter and drive a fire truck saving the city! That's another hours...You can compete in street drag races! That's another couple hours...The list goes on and on. I'd give replay value an 11 out of 10 if I could! That's how good it is!

Fun Factor : 10/10

The one thing wrong with this game is that its way too much fun. Total freedom is the best thing ever put in a video game and this game will show you that and rub it in your face. Great pick up and play game that always makes me put a smile on my face when I turn it on.

Final Rating : 10/10

Buy this game now. Nobody should regret this. I've been waiting for a game like this for almost 4 years and I absolutely love it! I won't put it down until State Of Emergency comes out and Ill still be playing this game. Thank You Rockstar. Best Game Ever!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 10/22/01, Updated 10/22/01