Review by Thorpe

"Fun for children and adults - with some good songs too."

Don't ask me why but I actually payed the full retail price for this game a couple of years ago (£39.99). Would never do that now. Anyway, it was money well spent back then. This is the first game in the series I have played so I won't be comparing it with the previous game (although some say the predecessor was better).

PaRappa the Rapper 2 offers a good variety of levels each with their own "sing-a-long" music tracks. Now, the best music is in the level called "Hey! Grab that remote control!" with that giant ant. I love it so much! The other songs are just as good and not one song is boring for me. Ideal for kids (and grown-ups too) because of the childish themes and music but I'm not a kid anymore. Still, I liked it because it's fairly easy to do. You just push the button when it comes up on the screen (like Donkey Konga a bit). As you progress through the levels it does get harder with more and more buttons scrolling at the top of the screen. So, you'll need to be very reactive for this game. It's not hard at all - you just need to push the right buttons at the right time. Basically that is the gameplay. If you do really well you get a bonus stage. The storyline is quite funny - so make sure you listen to it.

There's not too much to say about the graphics. It's 2D and everything is like paper. That's the game's theme so really graphics can't really be judged.

The sound is good too (thanks to the music) but still there could of been some more effort put into the SFX. I would of rated the sound higher if they had put in some really cool sound effects everytime you push a button.

If you are looking to pick up this game I wouldn't pay too much of a price for it now. Try to find it pre-owned because the game is so easy to complete. It will not even take a few hours to complete all the levels.

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 04/10/06