Review by DiamondWeapon

"This is everybodys golf."

Gameplay - 9/10
****************

Anyone who has ever played any hot shots golf knows that its the gameplay that keeps us coming back for more. They should call it ''Talking Smack'' because your going to be doing a whole lot of that if you have any friends to play with. The controls are easy to learn, hard to master. Every shot you take your going to realize later something you could have done better, although thats most of the fun. The game is fairly easy in the beginning but becomes very difficult later on when you unlock harder characters and courses. If you have ever played hot shots or pretty much any other golf game you know the routine. The only real beef I have with this game is its lack of mini golf, it was fun in the first one...why can't I have more mini golf goodness?

Story - 5/10
****************

Story is pretty much non-existent, although you don't really need one...its a GOLF game. The extent of the story lies with the unusual characters you unlock and there antics in the game. While the characters of this game might not be as good as the second of the series, they are still good. There comments and actions help break up the monotone gameplay that become repetitive at times.

Graphics - 8/10
****************

The graphics are very nice, but does have some flaws. The graphics fit well with each other and nothing seems out of place on the course. Some of the textures seem a bit off, but nothing to get cranky about. Other than that its a great improvement over the last sequel. Some of the graphics do seem like they were ripped right out of HSG2 and just given a facelift, but thats ok, I suppose their isn't a lot you can do with trees, grass, and sand.

Sound - 9/10
****************

The in game music and sound fx's are all good, pretty much the same light-hearted themes from the last game. The caddies do seem more repetitive than last time, but they are always annoying so I'll just leave it at that.

Replay Value - 8/10
********************

Once you beat the game there isn't really a good reason to go back and do it again, well unless you are some kind of fanatic. It offers so much gameplay to begin with you will be tired of the single player action after you have unlocked all the characters and beaten the tournaments and what not, some simple objectives can take a half an hour to beat. The two player action never really wears out any, it will still be fun to go back and play every now and then.

Reviewer Curve - 10/10
*******************

This game deserves the extra boost to its score, I may be a little biased but I love all things Hot Shots. How something so simple can turn so complex and still retain its charm and fun is an amazing feature in a game.

To buy or to rent? - Buy
*******************

If you have played other hot shots and enjoyed it, you won't be let down. If your not familiar with this type of game then I suggest renting it first. I don't see how you could go wrong owning this game, has solid one player action, with even better two player fun.

Overall Score - 8/10
*******************

That is very solid 8 out of 10, if your a golf game fan you can add another point to that score. If your just curious then I suggest you check this game out, you might regret it if you don't.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 03/30/02, Updated 03/30/02