Review by THAguyINgta3

"This game made me like golf"

GET THIS GAME RIGHT NOW IF YOU DON'T HAVE IT!
Hot Shots Golf 3 was developed by Clap Hanz and produced by SCEA (Sony Computer Entertainment of America and SCEI). You start the game off with 3 characters. Then you start earning more characters to use every time you beat a character in Versus mode. You get other modes to play in as well, such as Tourneys which is basically the real meat of the game. You get Stroke Play which lets you try to beat you own score every time you play. The other great mode in this game is it's online ranking mode. To play this, you need to get a password from the official site and play and enter you score after the game.
Up to 4 players can play this game and 2 players for match play. Multi-player is basically like the games in single player mode but instead of computers, you play your friends.
visuals: The graphics are very clear and next-gen. Great detail comes with every single ''wacky'' character and also in the levels. For example, when you deliver the golf ball in the hole, you may see a little ant crawling around in there. The water effects are superb to look at and also delivers great sand effects.

gameplay: The game is identical to the original 2 games. The hitting system is simple and can be mastered by anyone but requires a great amount of skill. The putting system is also simple and easy. And finally, maneuvering in the menus are easy.

sound: The sound is fairly accurate. The soundtrack is decent but the sound effects such as a blowing wind is marvelous.

replay: Trust me when I say ''you'll be playing this for hours and hours!''. There are so many things to unlock such as better golf clubs and balls. You can also buy new things such as Capsules which holds more items that can be featured in each level. Not only will you spend hours and hours trying to unlock every nook and crany in the game, but also spend hours trying to get better every time. If that doesn't satisfy you, the online feature will!
Hot Shots Golf 3 is a must buy for anyone who wants to be challenged. The game is very fun and you'll feel great when you beat someone. I have to admit though, I didn't know squat about golf till I played this game. I even hated it. Now I'm actually liking the game and play miniature golf for fun every time I see one. If you don't get this game, you'll be missing out on a sleeper hit.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 07/18/02, Updated 01/25/03