Review by mynameisfake

"Good Solid Golfing Game"

Hot Shots Golf 3 is a great game. You could say that it is golfing with a little bit of an attitude. It's fun to go through the tournaments and try to beat some fake golfers at there own game. It's also a lot of fun to go and try to earn golfers from the game but in the end it starts to get a little hard and you pinch hit coupons don't work anymore. Then at the very end the tournaments get really hard even with the best golfers you just cannot win. In the end I think the game gets a little tiresome and you really need a break from it to regroup. The spin controls are hard on the game to because you have to hit each button at the right time and that can take a lot of practice. The good thing is that you have a lot of time to get he practice from this game and they even help you a little with practice mode.

Game Play
This game has solid game play and it is not that hard until you get to the end of the game. The game flows smoothly and in the end it's just a solid fun golfing game. You can hit a couple bumps a long the way though which I think makes the game more of a challenge. At points though the challenge can become too much and force a mental breakdown. It's fun though when you make that 45-foot birdie putt for the win and you get all of these prizes.

Story
This game really doesn't have a story line in it. I guess it could be to win all of the tournaments but then you can wonder of the story line and earn extra golfers. If you get really bored then you can just go and play a simple round of golf, which can be fun on any day. This game really doesn't have a stupid set plot that you must follow or die. It's a game that you do what you want when you want.

Graphics/Sound
Graphics were good in the game but I think that the atmosphere around you could have been a little better and not so boring. If they are going for a cheesy anime look on all of the people except for you golfer then they succeeded. The sound effects in the game are good. Sometimes though people in the crowd will shout “Good Shot” as you see your ball land in the rough or sand trap and that is a little confusing. I mean the game knows right where the ball is going so why don't they make the phrases coordinate. Then they made some funny after comments and motions from you character. The only problem with these is that after paring for a round of golf you get tired of hearing the same thing hole in and hole out. So their graphics system does have some problems and their sound can just get annoying.

Play Time/Replayability
I have played this game for about 30 hours and I still have about 1/3 of the tournaments left and I have 4 golfers left to get. This game can span a long time but it is a fun action packed 30 hours of the game. This game could be played until the next millennium. You could never get bored of just playing a simple round of golf could you? This game is a lot of fun and it could really be played forever if you want to master the game.

Final Recommendation
I would definitely rent this game and since the price is down because it is a greatest hit I would buy it. You cannot nearly finish the game if you rent it but you could get a little sample. It's fun to try to earn all of the characters in the game.

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 06/24/04