Review by Luciandar

"The best fighter for the PS2"

Soul Calibur 2, the sequel for Soul Calibur, is in my opinion, the best fighter for the PS2. The gameplay is outstanding, and the Storyline is unique. Most fighters there is NO storyline at all, you just fight fight fight. Not this one, so fans, rejoice! Soul Calibur was one of the best fighting games, and best sold, for the Dreamcast, I'm sure Soul Calibur 2 will be like that for the PS2.

Graphics 10/10
The graphics are perfect. All though there are a few flawds, there still great. The environments are extremely detailed, and the characters look like there graphics from FFX. Great job, Namco! But, the SC shadows were a little better than there are in SC2, sorry to say.

Storyline 10/10
The storyline is almost like your playing Final Fantasy seires, a good story. I have found that fighters, like Tekken, have almost no purpose, and are preety boring. And although you get a Tekken fighter in the game,Heihachi,he's in the storyline to.

Gameplay 10/10
MY GOD! This has to be the most fun I've had with a fighting game. The combos are preety simple to do, and the character choices almost have no end. From Rapheal, to Heihachi (From Tekken) I espeically loved the way you can move your camera around wherever you move, and you can block other peoples combos in an instant. One flawd, you can die by falling off of a ledge if the guy gets you in a ly combo. But you can easily get revenge in the second tound. With weapons you can do many exciting things to computer, or to impress your friends by owning them simply one handed.

The GameCube version got Link, which I wish would go for the PS2, and the Xbox version got Spawn, no big deal with him right? But there is a rumor that there might be more characters, that's why it has been delayed from last year, to this year. I severly doubt it though. Another thing is there are SPECIAL combos that are hard to do, button mashing precisly.

Overall 10/10
This game is among the best fighters ever made. It's very fun, and has a unique story to it. I recommend this game in August.

Buy or Rent?
That's a definate buy. But if you don't know that much about fighters, you might want to rent it just in case.

Rating?
This game is raed T for Teen. There is in it, yes.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 08/19/03