Review by Kaine76X

"Believe the hype!"

This game just has so much to it, definitely making my personal top 10 list for games. First let me start out by saying that this game does have one problem and one problem only, the game is not at all tough. I mean, I've played fighting game where it takes a bunch of tries to beat the last boss, and this is not one of those games. I can beat the game on any level fairly easy. But other than that, the game is awesome. Anyways... onto the actual review.

Graphics 10/10
Let me just say... WOW, I mean seriously these have to be the best graphics that I've ever seen for any fighting game, period. The graphics are just awesome and will only add to your gaming experience.

Controls 10/10
They work great, nothing wrong at all so I just gave it the 10.

Sound 10/10
Nothing wrong with the sound, the music isn't bad or anything so it just gets the 10.

Gameplay 10/10
Awesome gameplay, and the whole new and improved weapon system only adds to it. The gameplay is similar except for the fact that it has more characters than ever. Also I do like the whole Weapon Master mode, and I feel that it adds a little kick that the first one didn't have.

Challenge 7/10
As I said before, the game is not too challenging whatsoever, however some of the stuff on weapon master mode is pretty tough but nothing impossible.

Replay Value 8/10
Now don't get me wrong, there is plenty of stuff to do, the thing is that once you do everything, all you can really do is battle against your friend. But I will say this, it took me about 5 hours to get everything in the first Soul Calibur, Soul Calibur II took me about 25 hours to beat. And you can always play Weapon Master mode again for fun.

In any case I got the PS2 version and let me tell you that it is an awesome game. Rent or Buy, well if I where you, then I'd definately buy it. Also if you want to know which version to buy, well I think you'd best off with whoever your favorite character out of Spawn, Link and Heihachi is. I got PS2 because I hate the X-Box and wasn't too psyched over Link. Heihachi is a mediocre character when it comes right down to it. But if you have all the systems I'd suggest X-Box, I here Spawn is awesome and I'm kind of regretting not getting the X-Box version. But hey, I'd have gotten the game with or without exclusive characters, and it's a very cool game.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 08/31/03