Review by jld722

"One great game with one great soundtrack"

June 1st 2002 and I decided to go pickup my reserved copy of Medal Of Honor: Frontline since the 48 hour hold in Funcoland was about to expire. I got there and they told me that it was the last one left. I quickly got home and popped the CD into the tray. I hit start to skip all the introduction stuff and started a new game. The first level just amazed me and I’ve been glued playing MOH:FL.

Basic Idea: 10/10
You play as James Patterson, a 24 year old Lieutenant in the Air Transport Corps. You control Jimmy in many well-known historical situations and places ranging from Normandy Beach (Saving Private Ryan) to inside a German U-Boat. You are supposed to finish your given missions and try to get a medal doing them. But your main goal is to kill the enemy, the Nazi soldiers, when they get in the way.

Controls: 10/10
The controls fit this game well. The MOH Sharpshooter controls are best for the gameplay. There’s a jump, crouch, fire, action, reload, melee, switch weapons and cook a grenade button. It may be hard to learn at first but for me it only took 30 minutes and I was able to run around killing everybody.

The first level is a breath taker. I died 10 times trying to accomplish the level. It’s VERY realistic and the gun moves around when you’re shooting. You see people around you just getting shot at and/or bombed at. It’s great though.

Fun Factor: 10/10
It was actually pretty fun to run around and try to hide behind obstacles to avoid from getting hit. I thought this game would actually frustrate at first but it didn’t. In the later levels, I did get mad when I’m pretty close to finishing a level and all of a sudden I die. But I guess I’d get mad if that happens on any game I play.

Now for the sound, all I can say is WOW. The voice-overs are very well done. Hearing your enemies talk about what smell is coming from the bathroom in German is funny. The musical score in the background is just truly great. It’s performed by the Seattle Symphony, so that says a lot. The sound effects are cool. It has everything from gunshots (obviously) to bullets hitting pots to bullets hitting people.

Replayability: 10/10
This is more of a mission-based game and it’s over when every mission is accomplished but it’s fun just playing around in the levels. There have yet to be any more codes revealed, so I’ll be playing this game for hours upon hours everyday along with other daily game, Smackdown!: Just Bring It.

This is one great game. Overall this game is awesome. I have never played any of the other Medal Of Honor games until this one and I’m impressed as to how well this game came to be. I can’t wait until they add a multiplayer option and an online option. Nevertheless, this game is one sweet game.

To Rent Or To Buy?
I, your master, command you to BUY this game, even if you’re not a MOH fan. I guarantee that you’ll have some great old blasting time.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 06/04/02, Updated 06/04/02