Review by Hesh

"If you're the least bit intrested, go buy it!"

I didn't know what to expect when picking up Medal of Honor: Frontline. I've seen the MOH series on the PlayStation, but never played one, so I'm new to the series. I've heard great things about all of the MOH games, and even better things about Frontline. There's many First-Person-Shooters for the PS2 and Frontline isn't the best, but still great. I'll explain this in the review.

Presentation- 9/10
The first stage, ''Your Finest Hour'', is set on D-Day on Omaha Beach. It plays like a page out of history. You'll remember this level throughout the whole game. The menus and loading times are very good. After completing a mission, the save menu comes up along with your stats. EA did a great job making it look like a file or portfolio.

Gameplay- 8/10
It's a wonderful World War II game. With all the authentic levels and weapons, you feel like you're right in the middle of it, when you're in a trench with bombs blasting overhead. The missions are diverse which is a good thing, but sometimes they get boring when you die and have to start from the beginning. But if you like replaying missions, you can after you beat them. The replay feature helps in another way. When you get all gold stars in a group of missions, you get an award. So if you get a bronze, hit replay until you get gold. While it's a great WWII game, it's an average FPS. It adds nothing new to the genre. No multi player, but it doesn't need it, if you ask me.

Control- 8/10
Even though you can change the configuration, aiming is slow and a pain. The ''Classic MOH'' preset configuration is my favorite. X is fire, square is action/reload, O is cycle weapons, triangle is jump, R1 is move right, L1 is move left, R2 is aim, L2 is crouch, Left stick is movement, while right is used to look, L3 is used to center, and R3 is melee attack. Having the square button the reload AND action button is awkward. It's not too fun busting into a room full of enemies and reloading instead of shooting.

Graphics and Sound- 9/10
The levels are very enjoyable to look at. The destroyed towns and country farms are nice, but the characters are not. Their faces look odd and warped while talking sometimes. The sound is incredible and makes up for the graphics. It may be the best feature of the game. The jets roaring overhead in the thick of the battle, and the bombs blasting right beside you while you hear your troops scream. Very realistic sounds of war. This only helped me believe I was in June 6th, 1944. The music is nice and it supports Dolby Digital.

Conclusion:
Medal of Honor: Frontline has a few flaws that hurt the game, but not too much. If you can look past them, then you'll have a great WWII game. A Must-Buy, so get it even if you're only a little interested. You won't regret it.

OVERALL: 8.5/10

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 06/16/02, Updated 06/16/02