Review by kevincady

"A fast action kick ass game that you will love."

This is one of the most action packed car games I have seen up to date. Like some of the other reviews have been saying, it's like ''The Fast and the Furious,'' but it's a a game. I don't know what made me want to play this game. I was at Blockbuster looking for a game and I saw Test Drive. For some reason I picked it up and instantly fell in love with it. There are so many great things about this game I don't know where to start, so I'll just go on with the review.

Graphics-9/10

The graphics are wonderful. Some of the best car models on the PS2, which are very detailed, colorful, and just plain cool. The characters however weren't as detailed. They could have been worked on a little more. But other than that, the graphics are great.

Controls-10/10

There are only two main controls! The acceleration button, and the brake button. How much more easier can it get? Well if you don't like how they are set up, you can even customize them how you want. So the controls are extremely easy, no need to practice or anything(unless you really suck).

Music and Sound effects-9/10

This is probably one of the best parts of the game. The music is fast action fun. It's mainly rap, alternative, and rock, which of course fits perfectly in a car racing game. The sound effects are also just as good. The accelerating, the braking, the spinning, the turning, all sound realistic.

Gameplay-10/10

How could you not give Test Drive a 10 for gameplay. Is there anything you can't do in this game that kicks ass? For one thing you can listen to some music from some the best artists out there today, including Ja Rule, Saliva, and many, many more. Also, when the game is loading, guess what you get to do! When it is loading you can actually play Pong. Finally a game that has a game while it is loading. No more sitting there for five minutes waiting for it to load, which I think is pretty cool. Also you can play the story mode, which basically you race to win some money. There is also a game where you are a cop and have to catch some bad guys. There is also a two player game that you play.

Replay Value-8/10

There isn't much you can do after you beat the game. Just play some two player matches and the cop game. Not a lot to do, but still very fun.

Overall-9/10

Overall the game is very fun. Fast action racing game with some very cool and addictive music. If you like game like Gran Turismo than I am sure you will love this one. You should go buy it right now if you really like games like this. I however rented it because I knew after I beat it I probably wouldn't play it anymore. So if you really like games like this than go buy it!

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 01/01/03, Updated 01/01/03